Law School Discussion

Most school for the least money

Most school for the least money
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
I want to get out of law school with zero student loans.  I don't really care about the school's reputation because when I gradute, if I don't have any loans to pay off, I can make a meager salary and still be ahead of the game.  With all of that said, I still want a great education.  I was thinking about the University of DC, FIU, Florida A&M, FSU, University of Florida, Queens College among many others.  I'm willing to move anywhere.  Do you guys have any advice?   

Remarq

• View Profile
Re: Most school for the least money
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »
numbers and geographical preference?

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
I would like to pay less than 12K per year if possible.  I live in San Diego right now but even the worst school here, Thomas Jefferson, costs 35K.  I don't really care what geographical region I move to for law school as long as I get the most bang for my buck. 

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
I would like to pay less than 12K per year if possible.  I live in San Diego right now but even the worst school here, Thomas Jefferson, costs 35K.  I don't really care what geographical region I move to for law school as long as I get the most bang for my buck. 

Think he was going for your GPA and LSAT, which is essential to answering your question.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 05:08:01 AM »
I don't think that it would be a good idea to choose whether the place has a good reputation or not because what is really important is the way schools teach their students on the right perspective.

Remarq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 12:17:41 PM »
Yeah with some idea of your academic qualifications people could better tailor their answers to your situation.

So there is nowhere you wouldnt practice? Maine, New Mexico Alabama, doesnt matter?

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 02:24:11 AM »
I don't think that it would be a good idea to choose whether the place has a good reputation or not because what is really important is the way schools teach their students on the right perspective.

So a school's rep doesn't matter but the "perspective" they teach does?

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »
Universtiy of Arkansas at Fayetteville. Need good numbers, though. The tuition out of state is just over 10K, housing is abundant and inexpensive, and the facilities are awesome. Beautiful area of the country also. Usually can get the out of state tuition knocked down first year and pay about 5500 a semester.

Still in top 100, very competitive bunch of students too, great attention to extracurriculars, and they don't nickel and dime you to death on using the college resources.

Just throwing it out there...

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
Hm, but don't most law schools pretty much prepare you for practicing law in that state? So maybe you don't really care about the geographic location of the school itself but do you realize that you'll most likely have to practice in that state? I guess it's possible you don't care about that either... most people do though.

Remarq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
Hm, but don't most law schools pretty much prepare you for practicing law in that state? So maybe you don't really care about the geographic location of the school itself but do you realize that you'll most likely have to practice in that state? I guess it's possible you don't care about that either... most people do though.

Not really, they teach you the law in general, not the law of the state you go to law school in.