Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Online Law Grad Denied Admission in Georgia...  (Read 13995 times)

gallagheria

• View Profile
Re: Online Law Grad Denied Admission in Georgia...
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 08:57:28 PM »
Nowhere did I see any indication that she passed the CBX, only the Baby Bar. Maybe she did pass the general, but I doubt it based on what I have read.
You are right. I misread where it stated "California's bar exam for first-year law students" and the MPRE. I looked up the actual case and it also does not state she had passed the bar.

cu014628

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 12:56:12 AM »
1. TJSL LLM is an on-line program.
2. I can see both arguements for ABA vs. non-ABA -- but if you are able to pass the bar, then it would appear that you have the minimum skills to practice law.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »
So can she appeal it to the U.S. Supreme Court?

If one of these online law school grads ever take it to the Supreme Court and win, then ALL the bars in every state would have to allow online grads to sit for the bar in any state.
I wonder how many other online grads petitioned their decisions to their stat bar and won/ lost.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 04:04:41 AM »
What if they let her take it, and she failed?  :(
That would be embarrassing.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »
I think online grads should be allowed in all states as long as they first pass the CA bar and practice for a year and then can pass the bar of the state in question.

Not saying she did any of that, just my thoughts for people in general.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »
Good. Online grads shouldn't be admitted anywhere.

I agree wholly.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 12:31:43 AM »
An online law school graduate can take the bar in most states if they pass any other bar such as the California bar and practice for a certain amount of years. You don't have to be a graduate from an accredited law school. Each state is different. Some states require you to practice for only 3 years, others require 5 years, etc... See the National bar counsel's website for each states requirement. http://www.ncbex.org/fileadmin/mediafiles/downloads/Comp_Guide/CompGuide_2010.pdf

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »
They wouldn't allow her to take the Georgia state bar because she went to a terrible law school. Northwestern California University School of Law treats students poorly. The admissions guy named "Nick" told me that we woud rather kill himself instead of going to law school to be a lawyer. Nick then went on to tell me that he is too busy to send me demo of their lectures. This is the only law school that doesn't have online demo's to show prospective students. He was rude. I tried to discuss Nicks negative conduct with the Dean of the school Michael Clancey. Clancey was just as negative and rude as Nick. They defended one another. I think Dean Michael Clancey and Nick of the Northwestern California University School of Law are gay lovers. I never seen two men stick up for each other like that. It was weird.

If she would have graduated from an online law school with a good reputatin, then they probably would have allowed her to take the Georgia bar.

jacktrader38

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
They wouldn't allow her to take the Georgia state bar because she went to a terrible law school. Northwestern California University School of Law treats students poorly. The admissions guy named "Nick" told me that we woud rather kill himself instead of going to law school to be a lawyer. Nick then went on to tell me that he is too busy to send me demo of their lectures. This is the only law school that doesn't have online demo's to show prospective students. He was rude. I tried to discuss Nicks negative conduct with the Dean of the school Michael Clancey. Clancey was just as negative and rude as Nick. They defended one another. I think Dean Michael Clancey and Nick of the Northwestern California University School of Law are gay lovers. I never seen two men stick up for each other like that. It was weird.

If she would have graduated from an online law school with a good reputatin, then they probably would have allowed her to take the Georgia bar.

Ridiculous... I go to NWCU and while I rarely deal w/ anyone other than professors, I have dealt w/ both gentlemen you have mentioned. Nick was VERY helpful to me and answered many of the questions I had. The school has gone above and beyond to make sure that if any student needs/wants more help or work they will provide it. They have workshops and mock bar reviews that have proven to be very helpful to me. I just passed the most recent FYLSX (1st attempt).

While I can understand your frustration... Your response is ignorant and immature. Which leads myself (and I am sure others) to assume that NWCU may not be the ones that are "weird"... JMHO.

Further, it is very unlikely that SCOTUS would hear a case like this, and the reputation of NWCU, based on bar passage rates and longevity, is higher than most... if not all other DE schools.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »
Screw it, go to SCUPS.

Plus, yeah dude we know you're talking about yourself in the third person. It is so tiresome to have school recruiters pretend to be students on this board. Yeah, I see you..... :-X