Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help! Personal crisis!  (Read 7664 times)

Bl2652

• View Profile
    • Email
Help! Personal crisis!
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »
After reading this article, I have a lot of guilt. 

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/authors/Hoste-AA.html

Is this true?  Is the entire black upperclass just made up of affirmative action beneficiaries who can't compete on their own?  Please tell me it's not. 

I went out looking for data on why blacks score less than whites on standardized tests.  I found this book

http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org/Race_Evolution_Behavior.pdf

You can say that tests are biased, but how do you answer the fact that black brains are smaller than white/Asian brains?  Or the fact that blacks adopted into white homes still do poorly?  Or Africa?  Isn't the only obvious explanation that blacks aren't smart?  There's no reason that races would look different on the outside and be the same on the inside. 

I'm a black student at a top law school and I know that I wouldn't be where I'm at if it wasn't for affirmative action.  I read the same test, used the same pencils and erasers and had the same time to complete the LSAT that everyone else did.  I don't feel like I deserved any kind of advantage.  My parents were wealthy in fact and I've gone to private schools my whole life. 

This is my first year at law school and the affirmative action thing is killing me.  Now I've had time to read about affirmative action and racial differences and I don't think I can go back to law school after this holiday.  It's crazy I know.  But how could I live with myself?  All my life I thought the white man was"holding me down" but in reality the only reason I had such a nice upbringing was (probably) because whites took pity on us. 

Can anybody cheer me up?

Bl2652

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help! Personal crisis!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 12:42:37 PM »
Are you accusing me of lying?   Ignore me then.  Just because I'm black you think I can't accept scientific findings? 

If anybody has ever faced a similar crisis and gotten through it, please let me know. 

Bl2652

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:12:49 PM »
Stop that!  Who said anything about suicide?  If anything I would simply give up my affirmative action slot and maybe enroll in a law school that I deserve to be at. 

There are mean spirited people around here. 

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »
Sorry your race baiting didn't work.  Locked.