Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 19960 times)

ah01

• View Profile
Will it help me to edit a unaccredited journal?
« Reply #450 on: September 04, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
There is a journal at my school that focuses on the area of law where I want to practice. This journal isn't accredited, though. One of the main reasons I would edit a journal is to make myself more attractive to employers. Will editing an unaccredited journal help me, or not?

P. Pius

• View Profile
In Pro Res Now, Take MPRE in November?
« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2009, 05:08:23 PM »
Pretty straightforward.  I'm in Pro Res now and was giving thought to taking the MPRE in November.  I'm hesitant to put it off till March, in part because I know I'll be busy with other things then and don't know how much I'll retain once I finish the class. 

I was giving thought to taking the MPRE in November, but am concerned that by taking it with still a month left of class, that will leave me in a bind for material that we haven't covered yet in class that will be on the exam.  Anyone have any thought on whether it's a good idea to take the exam in November or is it better to wait till March??
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

P. Pius

• View Profile
In Pro Res Now, Take MPRE in November??
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
Pretty straightforward.  I'm in Pro Res now and was giving thought to taking the MPRE in November.  I'm hesitant to put it off till March, in part because I know I'll be busy with other things then and don't know how much I'll retain once I finish the class. 

I was giving thought to taking the MPRE in November, but am concerned that by taking it with still a month left of class, that will leave me in a bind for material that we haven't covered yet in class that will be on the exam.  Anyone have any thought on whether it's a good idea to take the exam in November or is it better to wait till March??
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

dactylion

• View Profile
    • Email
Do second semester grades matter?
« Reply #453 on: September 20, 2009, 03:29:33 PM »
...if you're applying straight out of undergrad? Can they hurt you if you've been admitted somewhere? Can they help you if you've been waitlisted?

theadw

• View Profile
Fee waivers & acceptance letters: correlation?
« Reply #454 on: September 21, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »
If a school, unprompted, has already sent a fee waiver, is it likely that they'll later send an acceptance letter, or is the correlation not markedly strong?

Schools in question are Columbia, Duke, UVA; stats are 3.91/170/24yo not-URM.

Scalia4Life

• View Profile
Visiting Status at another Law School...
« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2009, 11:42:41 PM »
I have a question about going to another law school in my third year under "visiting" status...

I'm currently a 2L at Gonzaga and I'm thinking about applying to Washington University Law in St. Louis as a visiting student to be near friends/family in my third year.

What I want to know is what are my odds and if it is even worth trying to apply.

Washington Law is a Top 20 law school, so I understand that normal admittance to the school is not easy.  However, I will only be there under "visiting" status if accepted, so my degree will still come from Gonzaga and should in no way affect their rankings/whatever.  (I think.) 

Does anyone know if law schools in general are more lenient on applicants for "visiting" status than they are for other types of applicants? (Transfer/Regular)

My only other concern is that my school is not very high in the rankings (#100), and I'm in the top 50 percent of my class, but not by much.  But I know some law professors that will write me good recommendations if I ask them.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I <3 Scalia.

Scalia4Life

• View Profile
Visiting Student at another Law School...
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »
I have a question about going to another law school in my third year under "visiting" status...

I'm currently a 2L at Gonzaga and I'm thinking about applying to Washington University Law in St. Louis as a visiting student to be near friends/family in my third year.

What I want to know is what are my odds and if it is even worth trying to apply.

Washington Law is a Top 20 law school, so I understand that normal admittance to the school is not easy.  However, I will only be there under "visiting" status if accepted, so my degree will still come from Gonzaga and should in no way affect their rankings/whatever.  (I think.) 

Does anyone know if law schools in general are more lenient on applicants for "visiting" status than they are for other types of applicants? (Transfer/Regular)

My only other concern is that my school is not very high in the rankings (#100), and I'm in the top 50 percent of my class, but not by much.  But I know some law professors that will write me good recommendations if I ask them.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I <3 Scalia.

sizzledizzle

• View Profile
Study Partners in Studio City CA or Valley?
« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
Was wondering if I could partner with anyone who wanted to study for this december's test?

sizzledizzle

• View Profile
Study Groups or Partners in Studio City CA or San Fernando Valley?
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »
Does anyone want to partner up with me to study for this Dec's LSAT?

sizzledizzle

• View Profile
Study Groups or Partners in Studio City CA or San Fernando Valley?
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2009, 08:17:21 PM »
Does anyone want to partner with me to study for Dec's test?