Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 19609 times)

clintsito

• View Profile
Most Mormon Friendly Law Schools
« Reply #410 on: April 05, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
The 2009 Top Ten most Mormon friendly law school ranking is finally here. You can check it out at www.mormonlawyers.com

Mellski

• View Profile
    • Email
Would I be eligible for Cornell or Columbia?
« Reply #411 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:47 PM »
Hey,

Just wondering, but, would I be eligible for Cornell or Columbia with a cumulative GPA of 3.71-3.77 and a LSAT of 170? I am double major (not sure if major gpa matters), but my business degree gpa is about 3.62 and my Philosophy gpa is a 3.95.I have had various internships and am heavily involved in extra curriculars, also my undergrad isnt prestigious or anything.

Thanks in advance!

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
i know i should know this by now...
« Reply #412 on: April 08, 2009, 02:28:17 PM »

i know i should know this by now, but how do you figure the curve out for your [potential] school...?

also, isn't there a way to know if a scholarship stipulation typically requires you to finish in a certain percentile of the class...?

i.e. i've been given a scholly with a 2.7 (B-) requirement at my school... is this gonna be tough to keep?

thanks for the help all.

laurageorgia

• View Profile
Vermont Law Job Opportunities
« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »
Hello--

I am hoping someone can give me some insight into whether or not Vermont Law graduates have good job prospects outside of VT?

I will probably return to the Boston area once I graduate and I am curious as to what kind of jobs in the area Vermont grads have?

Also, if you attended, how is it spending 3 years in South Royalton?

Thank you!!!

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Commuting...
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2009, 07:45:37 AM »
My law school is an hour and fifteen from my house. I am married and have a mortgage, so I can't just pick up and move. I am going to try and commute and see that works out. Since I will have about 2 1/2 hours in the car daily, can anyone recommend some law listening material? Is there some way to tape the lectures in class and then listen to them again in the car ride home? Any other audio ideas?

Trust me, I do not want to be doing this and if it becomes to much, I will have to rent a room for the week while in school. However, how many people do we know that commute an hour to work everyday. What's the difference?[rationalization]

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Commuting..
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »
So, my LS is about an hour and fifteen away from my house. I am going to commute for a while and see how that goes. Does anyone have any recommendations for relevant listening material for the ride? Can I record the lectures and then play them back in the car? Are there any law school books on tape?

Trust me, I do not want to commute but I have a wife and a mortgage, so I cannot just get up and move. If it becomes too much I will have to rent a room during school. However, how many people do we know who commute an hour to work everyday? What's the difference? [rationalization]

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Commuting..
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
So, my LS is about an hour and fifteen away from my house. I am going to commute for a while and see how that goes. Does anyone have any recommendations for relevant listening material for the ride? Can I record the lectures and then play them back in the car? Are there any law school books on tape?

Trust me, I do not want to commute but I have a wife and a mortgage, so I cannot just get up and move. If it becomes too much I will have to rent a room during school. However, how many people do we know who commute an hour to work everyday? What's the difference? [rationalization]

nadir

• View Profile
does late waitlist=early admit?
« Reply #417 on: April 28, 2009, 12:20:10 AM »
So, I was a slacker and sent in apps basically at the deadline. almost everyone accepted me - but my first choice just waitlisted me.

should i interpret a wait-list on a last minute app to mean that i would have been accepted had i applied early, say october? if so, should i skip them all and reapply this oct?

would a reapplication be subject to more scrutiny than the original?

(i _really_ want that one school, for many reasons...)

nicoz

• View Profile

Number81

• View Profile
    • Email
How important is doing "a" journal?
« Reply #419 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:26 AM »
I'm a pretty average writer.  I would probably benefit from doing a journal.  I will not make law journal.  I am not in moot court or mock trial and I have basically no great EC's.  Is it a really bad idea not to do Bankruptcy/International Journal?  Will non-biglaw firms and not-really-law-jobs care much?

And, is there any kind of EC that I really need to do?  (I don't have so little on my resume that we struggle to talk during interviews, but I don't have anything other than grades since law school started, basically)
Emory 2L
LSN