Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 18970 times)

BJWriter26

Transcript Updates?
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
When should one send an updated transcript to law schools? Is it mandatory or only advisable if you don't have a drop in GPA, too many Pass/Fail courses, etc.? Lastly, is there anything else you're typically supposed to send to schools in terms of an update (i.e. letter of continuing interest, new achievements, etc.)?

caffeineplease

• View Profile
3.6/148
« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »
I was wondering where I should apply for the fall.  I didn't do well on the LSAT both times I took it.  However, I did very well in school. I was very involved in school activities and was a Resident Assistant in the dorms.  Does anyone have any ideas?
I am applying to KU, Washburn, and Tulsa.

caffeineplease

• View Profile
3.6/148
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
I need some suggestions on where to apply for the fall of 2009.  I didn't do as well as I wanted to both times I took the LSAT.  However, I did do very well in my undergrad (4.0 my first 3 semesters).  I was very involved on several organizations on campus and was a resident assistant in the dorms.  I am applying to:  KU, Washburn, and Tulsa.  Any other/better suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

caffeineplease

• View Profile
3.6/148
« Reply #393 on: January 10, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »
I need some suggestions on where to apply for the fall of 2009.  I didn't do as well as I wanted to both times I took the LSAT.  However, I did do very well in my undergrad (4.0 my first 3 semesters).  I was very involved on several organizations on campus and was a resident assistant in the dorms.  I am applying to:  KU, Washburn, and Tulsa.  Any other/better suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

Dutchman

• View Profile
Looking for ideas; BS in Mechanical Engineering
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »
I'm currently a about a year away from graduation with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. Now I want to go to some type of grad school and I'm about 90% confident I want to go to law school for a JD when I'm done here. The kicker is that I don't want patent law / IP law, and that's the usual path for engineers into law. What I'm really looking to get out of law school would be an understanding of how law works. With that then, I'd ideally find some type of job that combines the two (regulations?) and go from there. What I'm trying to figure out now is what kinds of law should i be looking at? What opportunities are out there? Right now I really don't know exactly where to start, so any brainstorming would be a great help to get me moving.

Thanks!

lawstudent09

• View Profile
Midwest Crisis
« Reply #395 on: January 28, 2009, 09:27:19 AM »
Hey! If anyone has visited any of these schools or has a helpful opinion or advice in respect to my situation I would be extremely grateful! Thanks!

Drake- 15k per year, top third of class
Tulsa- 19k per year, 3.0 GPA
Creighton- 10k per year, top third of class
UNL- No scholarship as of yet

UNL is "ranked" the highest. Would it be wrong not to attend based on that? I would not pay very much to attend TU, but would a 3.0 requirement become an issue with a B- grading distribution?

Jake_MONDATTA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
will govt jobs get more competitive as private sector tanks?
« Reply #396 on: February 02, 2009, 11:33:17 PM »
?

jokerjoshua

• View Profile
Is Seton Hall Woth it for me?
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
So, I got accepted to Seton Hall's Part-time/Evening program with a $10,000 dollar scholarship. I am interested in their joint JD/MDIR in Diplomacy and International Affairs. I want to study social justice or international law and perhaps go into law enforcement--my dream job being an FBI Agent; something more realistic would be to work in the New Jersey DOJ.

With my scholarship, I would be paying around $18,500 per year (excluding cost of living). I would be able to work since I would be part-time, plus I would get two degrees out of it. I'm still waiting to hear back from the following schools: William & Mary; University of Wisconsin-Madison; UNLV; University of Oregon; University of New Mexico; Penn State University.

So, what do you think? I just read a thread on top-100-law-schools.com from a 2005 Seton Hall grad who was shitting on the school and job market, so I'm looking for advise from other grads as well.

Cheers!   

SBToLaw

Journal Question
« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
Do some people do 2 or more secondary journals?  How much work does being on a journal require? 

SBToLaw

Journal Question
« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2009, 03:35:54 PM »
Do some people do 2 or more secondary journals?  How much work does being on a journal require?