Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 19322 times)

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
Is law school a good investment these days?
« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »
I am in my last year of undergraduate study and plan on going to law school next year. I have read many articles saying that law school is not such a good investment anymore and that people are having trouble finding high paying and enjoyable jobs. This is very disheartening to hear and has taken some of my enthusiasm away.

Now I have two questions:

Do you think that as the economy recovers that more jobs will become available or do yo feel like this is just due to over saturation of the field and that it will not get better for a long time?

Also if you have any recent graduate job search stories: successes and failures please share.

LS090L

• View Profile
    • Email
Applying to the same school two years in a row - General reapplying questions.
« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2008, 03:35:29 PM »
I received a deferred admission and scholarship, but found it was not binding and as such, I am going to apply to HLS (where I was waitlisted last year) and GULC (where I received a scholarship smaller than the one I received by the school at which I put down my seat deposit.  I have a couple questions on applying a second time:

I know school's keep your old file and review it when you apply again.  I really have a strong personal statement, and I would not like to write another one. Will this hurt me?

I also assume it would be advisable to write an addendum explaining why I did not accept GULC's acceptance last year, and generally explain what has changed since I last applied. (Short one page max).

I will re-do my resume, I have been working full time since Undergrad. This is the only significant change to my application, however. I also plan on getting an LOR from my new boss. 

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
OFFICIAL "OMG Should I Retake, Apply, or Give Up and Become a Fry Cook?" Thread
« Reply #382 on: October 24, 2008, 09:46:55 PM »
gogogo

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #383 on: October 24, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »
gogogo

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »
gogogo

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Not to be obnoxious...
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »
but I was just wondering which schools I should expect to be rejected from because of my mediocre GPA/wondering how realistic my expectations are. I got a 175 on my first/last LSAT, but my GPA is only a 3.62 (because first semester freshman year I got a 2.8). Which schools care disproportionately about GPA? And do I have a good shot at NYU and Columbia?

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Not to be obnoxious...
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:52 PM »
but I was just wondering which schools I should expect to be rejected from because of my mediocre GPA/wondering how realistic my expectations are. I got a 175 on my first/last LSAT, but my GPA is only a 3.62 (because first semester freshman year I got a 2.8). Which schools care disproportionately about GPA? Do I have a good shot at NYU and Columbia? Should I even bother applying to Harvard as a super-reach?

green7

• View Profile
BU vs. BC
« Reply #387 on: October 26, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »
Any thoughts about how these two schools compare in terms of national reputation and job placement?  They seem to be equally selective...  Would a 3.8/164 be competitive at either or both of them?

green7

• View Profile
BU vs. BC
« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2008, 09:06:56 AM »
Any thoughts about how these two schools compare in terms of national reputation and job placement?  They seem to be equally selective...  Would a 3.8/164 be competitive at either or both of them? 

wawa11

• View Profile
Prof. Wagner's Torts Exam
« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »
Hey, anyone out there know how I could obtain a couple of Prof. Wendy Wagner's old torts exams?  I'm a student at CWRU (where she's not teaching... I think in a joint arrangement with your school), and she doesn't make exams available to students.  I'm not sure if she teaches/did teach torts at your school, but I thought I'd give it a try.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!