Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 19821 times)

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
Taking the Test in Dec. WHATS WRONG W/THIS?
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »
So is it really that terrible to take the test in Dec? I signed up for Oct. but I do not feel ready at all. I have a greatn GPA, and I dont want to waste it on a 150something LSAT all for turning-in my app. on time. What are your thoughts on this?
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

hnm87

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Diagnostic!
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
Okay. I took LSAT Diagnostic test without any prior knowledge about LSAT and its sections as a matter of fact it was the first time i saw the LSAT paper. I strictly timed myself and scored 155. I'm not sure if this is a good score to start with or what? I'm going to appear for the LSAT in June 2009. Is it possible to hit a 170+ mark by practising on weekends only ( 3 hours on Sat and Sun both) till June 2009?

Any response would be appreciated!

jas142

• View Profile
Fee waived... good sign?
« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »
I've had a few law schools email me to invite me to apply, citing my LSAC file, and offering to waive my application fee. Recently, I had Cardozo do this even though my numbers are just about average for their admissions. Cardozo happens to be pretty high on my list of schools I want to attend. Is it a good sign when they offer to waive your fee, or do they do this to tons of people regardless of scores?

Thanks!

jas142

• View Profile
Fee waived... good sign?
« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »
I've had a few law schools email me to invite me to apply, citing my LSAC file, and offering to waive my application fee. Recently, I had Cardozo do this even though my numbers are just about average for their admissions. Cardozo happens to be pretty high on my list of schools I want to attend. Is it a good sign when they offer to waive your fee, or do they do this to tons of people regardless of scores?

Thanks!

ProsecutorWM

• AOL Instant Messenger - ProsecutorWM
    • View Profile
Dean of Admissions
« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »
I'm new to the board so hi to everyone  ;D.

I know the law school application process can be stressful so I just wanted to have a fun post.

Has anyone had any interesting experiences when meeting with admissions people at law schools or have you have you have toured a law school you were interested in attending?

Why is it when I'm having fun its wrong? -Squidward Tentacles

The Thread Starter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Where did it end up?
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2008, 03:09:38 PM »
Discuss.

Kels

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Please help
« Reply #356 on: September 17, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what practice test these questions are from. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

1. This is the question about the montagues and the capulets. It is a formal logic question and it is question #9 (don't know what section). I'm just hoping that one of you will remember the question and know what I am talking about.

2. This question is also a LR and is #14 from a different section than the one above. It says... Historically monetary systems have developed only in population centers with marketplaces. Through the fourth century B.C. Mesopotamian cities engaged in trade, but had never had marketplaces. However, Greek cities all had market places, for agorae. The Greek cities agorae were centrally located and goods were traded there either for money or for commodities.

Again hopefully one of you either remember one of these questions or just recently did one; but just let me know.  Thanks

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
When should I take the LSAT?
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »
I realize students and graduates may be better able to answer this question for me:
Here is the skinny: I can take the LSAT October 4th and score between a 158-164 with a GPA of a 3.13 or apply in December confident to score a 165-172 with a GPA of about a 3.25. I also have some character issues I will have to explain and probably request interviews if possible. I know most schools have rolling admission. Here are some of the schools I want to apply to:Fordham, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Brooklyn Law, Cordoza School of Law. Would I be most advantageous to take it in October or December. If I do go to Seton Hall I would like to try and get scholarship money. I realize there is no set answer so give me your opinion.

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
When should I take the LSAT?
« Reply #358 on: September 17, 2008, 12:24:21 PM »
I realize students and graduates may be better able to answer this question for me:
Here is the skinny: I can take the LSAT October 4th and score between a 158-164 with a GPA of a 3.13 or apply in December confident to score a 165-172 with a GPA of about a 3.25. I also have some character issues I will have to explain and probably request interviews if possible. I know most schools have rolling admission. Here are some of the schools I want to apply to:Fordham, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Brooklyn Law, Cordoza School of Law. Would I be most advantageous to take it in October or December. If I do go to Seton Hall I would like to try and get scholarship money. I realize there is no set answer so give me your opinion.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Villanova
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »
 What are your thoughts on Villanova, I know the USN ranking isn't great. It seems like a pretty solid T2 school career wise though, and they are getting a new building. From I've heard their current facility is quite bad. How would you compare it to say Case Western or Pitt?