Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 19801 times)

chicagocubsrule

• View Profile
Anna Ivey Consulting?
« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
Has anyone used them? If so do you recommend them?

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
PS needs read
« Reply #341 on: September 09, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
After the agony and the ecstasy the rise and fall of many a sun and moon my personal statement has fermented and is ripe for the imbibing.

And I promise it isn't written like that!

PM me if you would like to read it and trading would be just splendid as well:)
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

dynahmite

List school on app when only grade is W?
« Reply #342 on: September 09, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
After undergrad I registered for an undergrad class at another school, but withdrew and never went.  Of course LSAC wants this transcript anyway.  But my question is: do I list this school on applications? 

Only one school so far specifically says (right on the app) no.  I'm just afraid it'll be weird that they see two transcripts and only one school listed.  If necessary I'll ask each school, but I wanted to see what you guys think.

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Are law school forums allowed to give personal info about posters to law school?
« Reply #343 on: September 09, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »
i.e) email, name or whatever.

law school adcoms DO browse these forums to check opinions about their law school. but im wondering if TLS or LSD admins ever transfer our info to them for whatever reason. There's virtually no way for any law schools to identify the poster unless you voluntarily make the info available. if our info does get handed over, it seems to be super duper unethical and illegal.

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Are law school forums allowed to give personal info about posters to law school?
« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2008, 05:37:12 PM »
i.e) email, name or whatever.

law school adcoms DO browse these forums to check opinions about their law school. but im wondering if TLS or LSD admins ever transfer our info to them for whatever reason. There's virtually no way for any law schools to identify the poster unless you voluntarily make the info available. if our info does get handed over, it seems to be super duper unethical and illegal.

serendipity212

• View Profile
I need Personal Statement Help
« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
Hello All:

I am attempting to write my personal statement. I am looking for any and all feedback. Please do not hold back your honest opinion. I am unfortunately applying for the second time. I believe my rejections were mainly attributed to my low lsat scores (took them twice and cannot/will not do it again). I am reluctant to give up entirely on my essay topic because I am clinging to the belief that there is something still there. Perhaps, maybe it just needs some more work and critical advice. This version (I will email upon request) is a compilation of three different versions of the topic.

Thanks so much! ???

okaymanup

• View Profile
    • Email
is it worth it?
« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »
(kicking a dead horse's a**) outside of the top 25, is law school worth it?  to make it simple...if you had 10 seconds to explain why or why not what would you say?

elitney

• View Profile
White - 3.15 - 166 - weak extras and letters
« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2008, 09:29:41 PM »
I am white, finished with a 3.15 (3.5 highest major) (~3.2 LSDAS) (at UCSC...i know), and have a 166 on my LSAT. My extra-ciriculars involve leadership in model united nations and not much else, very little work experience, mediocre letters, assume a decent statement.

I am not hoping for greatness, but am attempting to get into a public school.

Is UCDavis or UCHastings probable?

If not public, Loyola/Santa Clara/Pepperdine?

---

Also, should I mention my father's death (2nd semester of freshman year) and the concurrent skin disorder that inhibits my sight and voice in my personal statement and/or my addendum. Psychologist says they are related, i think its just bad luck coincidence, but whatever.

---

Thanks in advance, I have researched these numbers quite a bit, I just want to hear real reactions. :)

hnm87

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Diagnostic!
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
Okay. I took LSAT Diagnostic test without any prior knowledge about LSAT and its sections as a matter of fact it was the first time i saw the LSAT paper. I strictly timed myself and scored 155. I'm not sure if this is a good score to start with or what? I'm going to appear for the LSAT in June 2009. Is it possible to hit a 170+ mark by practising on weekends only ( 3 hours on Sat and Sun both) till June 2009?

Any response would be appreciated!

hnm87

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Diagnostic!
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »
Okay. I took LSAT Diagnostic test without any prior knowledge about LSAT and its sections as a matter of fact it was the first time i saw the LSAT paper. I strictly timed myself and scored 155. I'm not sure if this is a good score to start with or what? I'm going to appear for the LSAT in June 2009. Is it possible to hit a 170+ mark by practising on weekends only ( 3 hours on Sat and Sun both) till June 2009?

Any response would be appreciated!