Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 19564 times)

precipice

• View Profile
WUSTL vs. BU -- any thoughts?
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »
hi all,

i've been accepted to WUSTL and to BU, and i'm trying to decide between the two.  i'm interested in doing some type of government or policy work after graduation, or possibly public interest (definitely not BIGLAW).  i don't really have my heart set on any particular city's market after graduation. i've visited both st. louis and boston, and both seem like places i could definitely be happy living for 3 years. 

any thoughts?  are there significant strengths/weaknesses about each school that i should know about? 

thanks everyone!

precipice

• View Profile
WUSTL vs. BU -- any thoughts?
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »
hi all,

i've been accepted to WUSTL and to BU, and i'm trying to decide between the two.  i'm interested in doing some type of government or policy work after graduation, or possibly public interest (definitely not BIGLAW).  i don't really have my heart set on any particular city's market after graduation. i've visited both st. louis and boston, and both seem like places i could definitely be happy living for 3 years. 

any thoughts?  are there significant strengths/weaknesses about each school that i should know about? 

thanks everyone!

Visual Dictionary

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is Musical Compatibility Important to You?
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »
Women: if you looked at a guy's record collection and it was composed mostly of Shania Twain and the Spice Girls, would that be a turn-off?  What about all metal?  (And I mean HEAVY metal, like Pantera.)

Guys: could you stand a woman who listened exclusively to Celine Dion and Tina Turner?

;)
Yep.

Guy Patterson

• View Profile
Whats your favorite quote.
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2008, 03:05:35 PM »
You only get one. Inspire me.

"Donít ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

gt1693

• View Profile
Brooklyn or Villanova?
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »
I think I'd like to practice IP law.  My girlfriend will be attending Columbia for grad school.  Villanova was nice and I have put down a deposit already.  What do you all think?

gt1693

• View Profile
Brooklyn or Villanova
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
I think I'd like to practice IP law.  My girlfriend will be attending Columbia for grad school.  Villanova was nice and I have put down a deposit already.  What do you all think?  Is there an appreciable difference in employment prospects between the two?

gt1693

• View Profile
Brooklyn vs. Villanova
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »
I think I'd like to practice IP law.  My girlfriend will be attending Columbia for grad school.  Villanova was nice and I have put down a deposit already.  What do you all think?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
botbot's exam time thread - it's back!
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
Alright exams are in two weeks - I have quite a bit of work to do AND I have picked out my exam time video game.

Things I must accomplish in two weeks:

Level 80 Meteorb Sorceress in Diablo II
Read Contracts II casebook and transcribe important stuff into statute book
Learn about covenants and refresh landlord/tenant stuff for property
Read a few hundreds pages of conlaw/chemerinsky
Take 3-5 practice exams for each test
Consume 4 lbs of coffee + 12 pack of 5 hr energy
Attend playoffs/sell extra tickets
Drink 1.5 liters of Scotch & .75 liters of Bourbon

Level 18 Meteorb
Printed off some stuff
Had coffee this morning + iced some extra
Tickets arrived in the mail

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Question for Current Law Students, or Anyone Else in the "Know"
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
I will most likely be starting Fordham PT this fall. I do plan on transferring to FT, if possible a year after, but I had a question regarding employment for my first year, if I do choose to go that route.

I know there are certain "do's" and don'ts" when it comes to looking for employment. Is it OK for me to try to contact firms and ask them if they have anything as far as job opportunities go? (I know it's a long shot) I'm more concerned about the rules than anything else.

Ideally, I'd find a PT gig working in some sort of legal capacity, and I just want to make sure i'm not breaking any rules as I go about searching.

jamnjo

• View Profile
    • Email
Not notifying you of WL status?
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »
I am just curious to what you all think about certain schools not notifying people of their waitlist status while choosing to notify others? Also, I have talked to a few ppl who had no idea they were on the WL until they received an e-mail asking if they were interested in coming off it with an acceptance.
 Status checker shows the status, but no e-mail or no letter in the mail..

Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe schools who are certain they might be giving a select group a call, but have to put them on the WL temporarily might not want to go out of their way to notify those applicants so the applicants don't get turned off.
??