Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP HERE - should I take Testmasters?  (Read 18323 times)

onechu82

• View Profile
Seton Hall PT? Mercer FT?
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2008, 06:19:41 PM »
I know Seton Hall is substantially better school, but I prefer FT.  Any thoughts on Seton Hall PT? Also, how hard is it to transfer to FT after a year?

onechu82

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »
Seton Hall is better school than Mercer, but I would prefer FT.  SHU website says the admission to FT after one year depends on grades.  Do you guys know what the cut-line is?

Also, any thoughts on Seton Hall PT program?

onechu82

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
Seton Hall is better school than Mercer, but I would prefer FT.  SHU website says the admission to FT after one year depends on grades.  Do you guys know what the cut-line is?

Also, any thoughts on Seton Hall PT program?

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
Brooklyn Scholarship??
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2008, 07:14:05 PM »
Hi,

I received an e-mail from Brooklyn last week congratulating me on acceptance and received the letter today.  There was no mention of scholarship in either but I have read on the boards that Brooklyn handles merit scholarships a little funky and sends them out a few weeks after acceptance.  Is this true?  Can anyone shed some light on the process?  I would love to go there but absent a decent chunk of change most likely will not happen.  Thanks

ekm86

• View Profile
Notre Dame seat deposit deadlines
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »
so this is a ridiculously random question that doesn't really apply to me, but o well. does anyone know when ND's deadline is to turn in a deposit?

I applied at the end of October and was told i'd have a decision by approximately January 8. Still haven't heard anything. Sent an email back in February and they apologized for the delay and informed me that no decisions had been made yet. I'm not really expecting anything other than a rejection, but I am wondering if perhaps they are waiting to see how many people turn in their deposits prior to sending me a decision? (wishful thinking haha)

ekm86

• View Profile
Notre Dame seat deposit deadlines
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2008, 11:18:08 PM »
so this is a ridiculously random question that doesn't really apply to me, but o well. does anyone know when ND's deadline is to turn in a deposit?

I applied at the end of October and was told i'd have a decision by approximately January 8. Still haven't heard anything. Sent an email back in February and they apologized for the delay and informed me that no decisions had been made yet. I'm not really expecting anything other than a rejection, but I am wondering if perhaps they are waiting to see how many people turn in their deposits prior to sending me a decision? (wishful thinking haha)

ekm86

• View Profile
Notre Dame seat deposit due date
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:27 PM »
does anyone know when the seat deposits for ND are due?

Yannah

• View Profile
Is Fordham worth the money? Help!
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »
I currently live in Athens Georgia and attend University of Georgia. I have been accepted to Fordham and I really wanto to go but people keep telling me I  need to think if the debt is worth it.

With Fordhams tuition and the cost of living in New York City how good are my chances to get a well paid enough job that I will not be in a financial disaster when I graduate.Will I need to be in the top ten percent of my class in order to live up to my debt? Bottom line I want to live in New York now and when I graduate and I need to know if I will be able to pay off my debt and continue to live in New York.

daveiselling

• View Profile
waitlist what to do?
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »
Hello Everyone, I have a quick question concerning waitlist and what to do when I am placed on one.

A little background, I'm applying as a Fall 2008 law school candidate and would love to attend school in Los Angeles, CA.

With my grades (3.6 gpa from UCLA) and LSAT (156-159), my preferred choices are Loyola Law School and Pepperdine Law.

I received a letter stating that I was placed on the wait list at Loyola Law school, my first choice because its close to home/work.

At this point, I'm pretty open to both full time and part time programs at Loyola, as long as I get in.

My question is.. what do I do now? Should I send a letter to the admissions office stating that Loyola is my number one choice and that if I get off the wait list I am going there? What other info should I include in that letter i.e. include further info that has happened since applying, such as job promotion, a new academic honor?

or should I take it easy and just send in my wait list reply form and just wait it out?

ratfiend

• View Profile
Davis in evaluation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »
After a couple months of being complete I'm finally in evaluation? Can someone allay my fears that the FAQ on the website is not correct and that "in evaluation" is not actually the longest part of the process, they couldn't possibly take until June could they?

How long were you "in evaluation," those of you fortunate enough to be graced with a decision.
LSAT 161
LSAC GPA 3.74