Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Paramedic/JD idea  (Read 4690 times)

cooleylawstudent

Paramedic/JD idea
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
I know that some people do joint JD/MBA programs so this might not too far of a stretch but even though they'd not share any credits I am thinking of takeing a paramedic course in the afternoons after my 1L classes. That way I can work my last 2 years in I need to as a paramedic, plus it would look good on a resume if I wanted to represent medical cases(ambulance driver turned "ambulance chaser" )     

Has anyone else tried something like this, how did it go for you? I know some people have a full MD/JD and this would in theory just be a stepdown from that same type of thought.

mccarthy

• View Profile
Re: Paramedic/JD idea
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »
...plus it would look good on a resume if I wanted to represent medical cases(ambulance driver turned "ambulance chaser" ) ....
This is rich...

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
I know some people have a full MD/JD and this would in theory just be a stepdown from that same type of thought.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:28:24 AM »
whats wrong with actually doing the work first hand before attempting to claim to understand what it is in court?

mac n cheese

• the top feels so much better than the bottom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »
 "Paramedic/JD  idea" .......My abs and cheeks hurt
maCNCheese

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »
This is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. It's some sort of striverism in the wrong direction.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:42:34 PM »
While I appreciate the feedback can you tell me why? There are lawyers who are also medical doctors do you think that is bad too?

This is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. It's some sort of striverism in the wrong direction.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 04:53:21 AM »
While I appreciate the feedback can you tell me why? There are lawyers who are also medical doctors do you think that is bad too?

Consider what it takes to be a medical doctor compared to what it takes to be a paramedic. Therein lies your answer.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
Thats kind of my point too. It takes a lot longer to be a MD than a paramedic, I don't want or need the whole MD just a general idea(that plus a lot of medical mistakes happen in route to the hospital too)

I get it, you guys think paramedics and EMT's are a joke. Just don't say that outloud when you need one someday is all.  :-\ I guess that makes cops an equally big joke for those who who want to become  prosocution, afterall that dosn't require a PHD either.  :-[

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 01:19:34 PM »
No one thinks paramedics/EMTs are jokes, but your idea is a colossal waste of time and completely pointless. You will get nothing out of being EMT-certified and a JD. Furthermore, you want to add classes on top of taking 1L courses? You must be certifiably insane.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French