Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Study Abroad during law school (China)  (Read 2059 times)

amassherst

• View Profile
Study Abroad during law school (China)
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:45:39 AM »
How common is it to study abroad during law school.  I'm looking at one semester-long Chinese Law (with 7-semester LL.M option) program in particular at Tsinghua University that I've seen promoted on Boston University's and UPenn's websites.  I am also interested in programs in Hong Kong.  From what I know, schools are very limited by the ABA in the number of students (4) they can send abroad to the same university in any given year. 

Is anyone else interested in studying abroad during law school.  I was in China for some time in college and I hope to build on that with further Chinese legal studies expertise. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Study Abroad during law school (China)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 12:52:04 AM »
I've never heard of anyone studying abroad except during summer. Are we talking about summer?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
How common is it to study abroad during law school.  I'm looking at one semester-long Chinese Law (with 7-semester LL.M option) program in particular at Tsinghua University that I've seen promoted on Boston University's and UPenn's websites.  I am also interested in programs in Hong Kong.  From what I know, schools are very limited by the ABA in the number of students (4) they can send abroad to the same university in any given year. 

Is anyone else interested in studying abroad during law school.  I was in China for some time in college and I hope to build on that with further Chinese legal studies expertise. 

Do you speak fluent Mandarin?  If not, what's the use?

amassherst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:22:30 AM »

Yeah, I do speak (semi) fluent Mandarin.  Majored in it in college.  I would like to live and work in China after law school, but at the same time I don't want to put all of my eggs in the China basket.