Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mistake in submitting my Application  (Read 1175 times)

smiley111

• View Profile
    • Email
Mistake in submitting my Application
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »
I know it is way too late for this, but I just wanted feedback.

I submitted 1 application and submitted it electronically through LSAC with out filling out a Common Information form. For some reason I didnt think it was required.

Can I assume I will not get into that school? How badly will this affect the admissions council's decision about accepting me? I honestly thought if I had my addendums, application, personal statement and resume that it would be ok. Now I feel like calling the school but I dont know what to ask them?

Thanks in advance to whomever answers this

saks5th

• View Profile
Re: Mistake in submitting my Application
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:06:16 PM »
I say you call that school ASAP and let them know about this. It might end up been nothing, but then again, it might be everything. At least now you know not to leave that blank next time!!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
Did you fill out your information on the actual application?  All the common info form does is fill that information in for you.  If you put in your name, address, etc. into the application, it won't matter that you didn't fill out the Common Information form.

**this is assuming that LSAC hasn't done something drastically different with their application process
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

smiley111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 12:19:30 AM »
I did fill out my whole application--the whole law school application that is and I submitted my LORs and my PS and resume. I also submitted an addendum with my educational history since I took 1 or 2 classes here and there at different community colleges?

How deep in the hole am I? You can be honest. I am very in to brutal honesty and would only appreciate the advice more.

I mean I understand its the principle of not filling the form out. But if this sounds like a big enough error to where the law school wont consider me Id like to know now and finally be rid of these horrible feelings Im feeling.

Sincerely,

Regretful and sad Smiley 111

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
Schools will have absolutely no idea whether you filled in the form or not.  Like I said, all the form has is your name, address, and other personal information.  It automatically puts that information into your application form, and then you can edit and correct it as necessary.  So as long as you manually filled out your application, it doesn't matter at all.

Doodsmack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 09:26:17 AM »
How retarded is it that the LSAC website does not properly explain what the Common Information Form is? Am I correct that the CIF does not get transmitted to the law schools?

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »
yes, it just puts that information into your applications.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:12:58 AM »
yes, it just puts that information into your applications.

This

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
How retarded is it that the LSAC website does not properly explain what the Common Information Form is? Am I correct that the CIF does not get transmitted to the law schools?

It's pretty ridiculous, but I love that it fills things in for you on primary applications.  This was way better than applying to college.

Anyway, to the OP, I'm about 99.99% certain that the PDF preview that you look at before you officially check out and submit is all the adcomm sees.  I'm sure you'll be fine :)