Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham v. UCONN  (Read 1605 times)

hairyballsagna

• View Profile
Fordham v. UCONN
« on: November 10, 2009, 08:24:02 AM »
Fordham full fare or UCONN in state w/ 10k a year scholarship. Plan on staying in the New York/Tri State market.

Bigbie

• View Profile
Re: Fordham v. UCONN
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »
I guess if you're going to stay in NY, there's no real temptation to go to UConn.

30K is a lot of money, but in the long run, if you want to stay in NY, you might as well go to school in NY.

nycparalegal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
I should say this: I know quite a few people we went to UCONN and ended up with good jobs in NYC.  It's a good school and in this economy I don't think there really is a difference between UCONN and Fordham, in terms of reach.  There both regional schools with ties to the NYC market. 

Do you honestly, think that paying full cost is worth it?  Keep in mind, it's not just 30k your saving.

The in-state tuition is $20,500. With your scholarship your looking at 10,500, plus you will probably be living at home (right?), so you cut down on the expense of living costs. You can end up after law school with less than 40,000 (UCONN) vs 195k (Fordham)

And, you will have just about the same opportunities in this economy.  I'd go with UCONN, if it was just between Fordham and UCONN.

amassherst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:39:58 AM »
I'd have to agree with nycparalegal.  Cost of living in NYC is ridic!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 12:50:09 AM »
UConn no doubt.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.