Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it too late!!!  (Read 6612 times)

gkm8087

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it too late!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
Since you are an M.D., you may want to focus on courses involving health law.  I do not know what states you are interested in attending law school.  University of Houston has a L.L.M. degree, which is earned after a J.D., in Health Law.  I encourage you to attend in a city where you would attend law school, and then find employment after law school, in that same city.  You may need to be in one of the 10 largest cities in the nation.  Investigate which law schools offer a lot of health law courses, in their J.D. program.  If this area of the law interests you, it will build on your experience as a doctor, and may open doors in the medical area.  Houston has the 3rd largest health center in the country.  Whatever state you live in, if you want to stay in that state, consider applying to the law schools in the largest cities of your state.  See which law schools offer "health law" institute programs.  Also, take guardianship and elder law courses, in law school.

solate

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:15:09 PM »
Since you are an M.D., you may want to focus on courses involving health law.  I do not know what states you are interested in attending law school.  University of Houston has a L.L.M. degree, which is earned after a J.D., in Health Law.  I encourage you to attend in a city where you would attend law school, and then find employment after law school, in that same city.  You may need to be in one of the 10 largest cities in the nation.  Investigate which law schools offer a lot of health law courses, in their J.D. program.  If this area of the law interests you, it will build on your experience as a doctor, and may open doors in the medical area.  Houston has the 3rd largest health center in the country.  Whatever state you live in, if you want to stay in that state, consider applying to the law schools in the largest cities of your state.  See which law schools offer "health law" institute programs.  Also, take guardianship and elder law courses, in law school.

Thank you for the suggestion.  For now planning on having an open mind about what field of law to practice, but will look into health law.

llsatt1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
I admire you for having the guts to go to law school at 51.

solate

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
I admire you for having the guts to go to law school at 51.

Thanks for the compliment.  I don't really see it as courage, it just seems like the right thing to do.  And really, even though 51 sounds extremely old (at least it does to me), I actually feel younger than I did when I was in my 40's. Yeah, weird.

Good luck to you!