Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.6 GPA/157 LSAT..please help!  (Read 3235 times)

jayhawks8810

• View Profile
2.6 GPA/157 LSAT..please help!
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
I have a 2.6 UGPA and a 157 on the LSAT. I am looking very hard at U Houston. I like the classes and the info they have given me thus far (I realize their facilities are less than stellar.) With a 2.6 UGPA and 154-157 LSAT is there any chance of being admitted to the part-time program at Houston Law?

Thanks for the advice.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2.6 GPA/157 LSAT..please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:42 PM »
It's worth applying. I don't know if you'll make it, but it's possible. Texas resident? Where else are you considering? Considering a retake?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Hdpearl11

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:47:11 PM »
I'm in somewhat of the same boat: 2.6/157 LSAT, but I am planning on retaking it in June. Before, I wasn't fully committed and did not even study---horrible decision. In any event, do you have any advice about these school choices I am looking into? I think, with some studying I will be able to ring the bell at about 170.

1. Pepperdine
2. University of San Diego
3. Tulane
4. Southern Methodist University
5. University of Colorado

Your honesty and help is appreciated.

;D

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:34:50 AM »
I have a 2.6 UGPA and a 157 on the LSAT. I am looking very hard at U Houston. I like the classes and the info they have given me thus far (I realize their facilities are less than stellar.) With a 2.6 UGPA and 154-157 LSAT is there any chance of being admitted to the part-time program at Houston Law?

Thanks for the advice.

Just a side note,  I couldn't help but notice your user name.  Are you going to apply to KU?

FortheDefense

• Time means nothing in infinity and jelly dougnuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »

Thanks for the advice.

I am in the same boat, havent taken the LSAT test yet. I may register tomorrow last second, or wait until the Feb test. As a non traditional student, with a 150 or above, you will get in somewhere. May not be Houston, but trust me, you can get in to a law school. Hopefully I can get into UDC because I dont want to travel out of state. I d have to score a 170 plus to even consider GWU or American. I am realistic too. I figure I will score mid 150;s....good luck
"I could have gotten a conviction on Simpson's police statement alone!"
Vincent B
"If you dont police the police then who does? YOU police the police by your verdict, so stand up and show some integrity"
Johnny C

The Trial of the Century

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 11:33:21 PM »
I'm in somewhat of the same boat: 2.6/157 LSAT, but I am planning on retaking it in June. Before, I wasn't fully committed and did not even study---horrible decision. In any event, do you have any advice about these school choices I am looking into? I think, with some studying I will be able to ring the bell at about 170.

1. Pepperdine
3. Tulane

;D

You should just study and not even worry about anything else until you get that new LSAT on the board. With the current numbers, none of those schools are happening.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

TexasColonel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 02:57:37 PM »

1. Pepperdine
3. Tulane

;D

You should just study and not even worry about anything else until you get that new LSAT on the board. With the current numbers, none of those schools are happening.

Do you have any good explanation for your low gpa? You should probably think of attaching an addendumn regardless of your lsat.