Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TAFT LAW SCHOOL FIRST YEAR BOOKS- NEED THEM?  (Read 3926 times)

calgal27

• View Profile
    • Email
TAFT LAW SCHOOL FIRST YEAR BOOKS- NEED THEM?
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:56 PM »
Hi.  I started Taft law school in September.  Unfortunately, I did not care for their system of teaching.  Anyway, I have the entire book list that I no longer need.  Some of the books may be an older edition of what they require, but it doesn't matter because you can get the cases off lexisNexis.

So... why pay the $2100 (if you use their distributer when you can get them here. 

I will charge $800 and that will include shipping.  These books are HEAVY!!!  I may have to ship them out in separate boxes and will ship them the cheapest way possible. 

If interested, just reply to this posting.

seka

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TAFT LAW SCHOOL FIRST YEAR BOOKS- NEED THEM?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
I am a college student at santa fe college in gainesville florida. I am wondering about your experience with taft law school. I have done research over the past year in reference to distance education law school and am contemplating on taft law school. I have sent a email in refernde to your experience. I would gratly appreciate any experience ansd suggestion from your experience with taft. the book offer seems to be a grest deal. where could I obtain a comprehensive list of books? thank you for your response.

Crackerjack

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TAFT LAW SCHOOL FIRST YEAR BOOKS- NEED THEM?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »
Go to Legal Books Distributing website. They have the textbook lists for several correspondence law schools, including Taft. I am a second-year law student at Taft Law School. It is one of the few well-established distance-learning law schools, having been founded in 1976. The professors and staff are accessible, friendly, and supportive. The cost is about half that of Concord Law School, and Taft will give you a 10% grant-in-aid if you already have an advanced degree. You have your choice of two learning formats: online or independent study. I am an independent study student so I don't know how well the online program is going. I do know that you must have a lot of initiative to succeed as an independent study student. About the recommended booklist: I found that I didn't really need all the suggested materials. The most important ones are the Gilbert outline, Fleming's essay workbook, Finals multiple choice book, and the Sum & Substance audio lectures. I also buy the Flemings Exam Solution for each course and listen to it one time through even before the midterm, then again for the final exam. The casebooks are nice to have, but not necessary because with your Taft tuition comes a full subscription to Lexus Nexus where you can look up all the cases ever handed down. But the casebooks are fun to browse through and the cases are easier to brief because they are abbreviated. You can save money on casebooks by finding out which casebook you need from Legal Books Distributing and then going to Barrister Books to search for a used copy.