Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Being Pregnant During the Bar  (Read 7985 times)

cutiefulpink

• View Profile
    • Email
Being Pregnant During the Bar
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »
Has anyone ever been pregnant while taking or studying for the Bar?  I would love some advice!

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Being Pregnant During the Bar
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »
Has anyone ever been pregnant while taking or studying for the Bar?  I would love some advice!

No, never.  It's against ABA policy to take the Bar while impregnated.  Didn't you cover that?  What kind of law school do you attend?

cutiefulpink

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »
not allowing pregnant women to take the bar would be discrimination, what law school did you go to?  I haven't found any policies against it, and in fact have worked for attorneys who have taken the bar pregnant.  I guess being that you are TheDudeMan, you wouldn't know much about being pregnant.

mccarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »
Um, I think that was just an attempt at humor.

cutiefulpink

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
i hope it was, but it appears from his posts on other boards that he keeps saying not so helpful things.  Anyway, I was just hoping for some advice or personal stories because i am stressed about this!  :-\ If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »
How pregnant? A month? Two? Eight?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:29:34 PM »
not allowing pregnant women to take the bar would be discrimination, what law school did you go to?  I haven't found any policies against it, and in fact have worked for attorneys who have taken the bar pregnant.  I guess being that you are TheDudeMan, you wouldn't know much about being pregnant.

You obviously are an idiot since it was a joke.  I'm pretty sure being pregnant won't change the fact that you have to study for and pass the exam just like the rest of us.... 

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:58 AM »

You obviously are an idiot since it was a joke.  I'm pretty sure being pregnant won't change the fact that you have to study for and pass the exam just like the rest of us.... 

Dudeman, have you spent much time around pregnant women?

Sitting in one place for a long time with limited bathroom breaks and potentially uncomfortable temperatures is not an ideal situation for someone who's very far along.
Not to mention the fact that she'll need to make sure she's keeping her stress levels in check, getting proper nutrition, and dealing with the natural variations in the ability to focus that come with being pregnant.

Calling her an idiot for not getting your sarcastic joke is slightly jackasstic, especially when you apparently lack the necessary empathy to understand what she's looking for.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
She was looking for answers to questions she already knows the answers to.

It was a playful joke, to which she attacked after.  She can blow me.  Probably goes to some TTT.  She'll fit right in at starbucks and doing family wills on the side.

Doodsmack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
I think the reason she didn't get the joke is because it wasn't funny.