Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: status checker question  (Read 1563 times)

amorse2183

• View Profile
    • Email
status checker question
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »
I have applied to 6 schools this cycle.  I got the status checker email for 5 of the 6.  On 3 of them, my status is "application received", but on the other 2 there is no status at all.  what does that mean? If they sent me the email giving me access to the status checker, logic holds they got my application.  But it still says nothing, and it's a bit unnerving.  has this happened to anyone else?

mytwocents

• View Profile
Re: status checker question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
yeah, it happened to me when I applied last cycle and it's happened to me again this cycle.  In my experience, every school does things differently.  Like, my Wake status currently says "administrative review" while my BC status is "pending decision" and both of them, you know...mean the same thing.  Some schools will keep you updated on every step of your application (received, under review, decision, etc.) while others won't post anything until the decision has been made.  This is all just stuff I've noticed, others may have different experiences.  But I think it just depends on the school and how they like to do things. 

swc5018

• View Profile
Re: status checker question
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »
worst experience i had with a status checker was when it finally changed to "decision made" at my #1 choice, but then i still had to wait 3/4 days to get the letter in the mail that told me what the decision was. i really would have either been told right away yes/no or not had the status checker at all.