Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Undergraduate Law Courses  (Read 1089 times)

The Mark

• View Profile
    • Email
Undergraduate Law Courses
« on: October 29, 2009, 10:14:46 PM »
I'm still in undergrad, and I'm thinking about taking an International Law course next semester. Obviously, I'm interested in the material, but from a law school admissions standpoint, is it looked upon favorably? The coursework, according to the syllabus, is as follows: Brief 2 cases from one of the various textbooks; 4-6 page critique of an International Law Journal; and a midterm and final exam. It seems pretty reasonable. I'd love to hear from people who took undergraduate law courses and, specifically, if it helped them solidify their desire to attend law school, or if it made them apprehensive about it.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Undergraduate Law Courses
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:15:17 PM »
I took a few undergrad law courses, and I really enjoyed them and it did solidify my desire to attend law schools.  However, in general law schools don't care what classes you take; all that matters to them is your overall GPA.  Definitely take the class if you find it interesting, but don't expect it to help you get into law school.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Undergraduate Law Courses
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:39 AM »
I took a few UG law courses, but I was already kind of thinking I was going to go to law school at that point anyway.

I don't think they matter in terms of admissions, other than that they're not blow off classes.

Also, for what it's worth, UG law classes have little in common with law school classes. They are nice though in that they can get you introduced to some of the basic concepts and major cases in a given area.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.