Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 153 3.4 gpa need advice please  (Read 1417 times)

mlacroix

• View Profile
153 3.4 gpa need advice please
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »
Hi all,
Could you please give me some advice on admissions to some of these schools.  I graduated from University of Denver and have been working for 4 years now.  Saint Louis University is top choice but applying to Denver, Whittier, Western State, California Western, and some others.  Would like to live in St. Louis, Denver or SO Cal.

SLU's 25 percentile is 154 and 25 percentile GPA is around 3.2......any thoughts on what my chances are.  I am pretty set for western, whittier and cal western.....also, if there are anyother decent shools you recommend please let me know.  Also, does the work experience help at all?

Just an FYI i signed up for december LSAT......but want to apply early as well.

I sopke with admissions and they say that if I do better they will consider the new score (if better) and it can be reevaluated either for admissions or for scholarships.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 153 3.4 gpa need advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:20:18 AM »
Denver might be a stretch and St. Louis is probably 50/50, but I'd bet you can get into all of your schools.

For other schools, how do you feel about the South?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

mlacroix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
Nothing bad to say but I really dont want to practice in OK,TX,AZ,AL,LA.....I am more or a "North" person if there is such a thing.  I am also considering Chicago if that helps......thank you for the boost in confidence....I was getting worried.  Going to take it 1 more time though and have been practicing around 160

DannyJames

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:38 AM »
i think you will be good with that list as well.  try another reach or two if you can, never know ;D
Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive

mlacroix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
Hi there.....thank you both for the feedback.  Danny...I actually was thinking that at well. After talking to the wife, i ended up putting Chicago in that category. 
I was wondering if anyone had transfer experience after graduating from law school to another city.  I have read everything that says if you are outside the top 20 then go to law school where u want to live.  If that isn't an option or I have to make it an option can someone please give their experience or second hand experience.

Thanks again and i appreciate it.  :)