Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone interview for the DOJ Honors Program?  (Read 7964 times)

Rajah

• View Profile
Anyone interview for the DOJ Honors Program?
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:28:06 AM »
And if so, do you know if any of your references have been contacted?

And any idea how many people are interviewing?

Basically, this thread is to talk about the program.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interview for the DOJ Honors Program?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:41:58 PM »
I applied to the DOJ SLIP (DOJ made me apply to SLIP as a 3L because of my Joint Tax LLM) before I knew I had an offer from my summer firm, so Honors may be a bit different. I also applied to a few other agency Honors programs.

I had a phone interview. It was surprisingly laid back- very much like the firm interview with the standard resume quiz. However, I never really heard from them after that. AFIK they did not contact references, but I think that only happens immediately pre-offer as a background check type of thing.

I also had an on-campus interview with the IRS Honors program. It was also very much like your standard firm interview, although they were definitely just reading a list of questions.

The unifying factor seems to be that you get an interview and then hear nothing. Most people don't seem to ever get rejection letters.

Sorry to say it though, if you applying this year and haven't gotten an interview offer yet, you probably aren't in the running anymore.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:56:13 PM »
AFIK they did not contact references, but I think that only happens immediately pre-offer as a background check type of thing.

I'm not sure about that.  I know somebody who was interviewed, found out that they were checking references, and then didn't get an offer.  Just some more info for all of you!

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
I also heard the DOJ liases with the NSA regarding all the text messages you've sent in the last 2 years. Food for thought.

cwhelan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
Wow OldCraig, had no idea it was that bad. They definitely wouldn't hire me, but fortunately, I wouldnt even apply to begin with. Some of the best spies didn't hit a joint in college and passed their lie detector tests.. I think their measures of honesty are off. It's often the slickest who are the wickedest.

snewcrash

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »
I also heard the DOJ liases with the NSA regarding all the text messages you've sent in the last 2 years. Food for thought.

hahahahahahahahah, thanks for that laugh.