Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical Reasoning roadblock - please help.  (Read 442 times)

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
Logical Reasoning roadblock - please help.
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:36:40 AM »
Hey all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with the logical reasoning section, and I could really use helpful advice for my "extra mile." Originally, the logic games section was my weakest. I was getting, typically, about 7-9 wrong -- sometimes 11. With practice, I have whittled this down to 5. Not spectacular, but definitely an improvement. Reading comprehension is by far my strongest, with maybe 2-4, if that.

Now, the reasoning is becoming problematic. I score all over the place. Sometimes 3 wrong per section, sometimes 7 wrong per section. The pattern tends to be I score poorly on my first logical reasoning section and less poorly on my second logical reasoning section. Unlike the logic games, I have seen little improvement and I'm having trouble applying the strategies I learned studying (and going through repeatedly) the Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible.

I'm especially frustrated because, in reading the questions and understanding the nature of the section, I feel like this should be at least as strong as the RC section. If I could pick it up and maintain consistency, I would really up my score. I hit 159 on my actual LSAT last October and am retaking this December. Ideally, I'd get 165 and it's the logical reasoning that is holding me back now, because I am still seeing improvement in my LG. In comparing my scores, it's the few tests where I do well on both LRs that I end up PTin in the 168+ range. So, it's do-able, I'm just having trouble isolating what I'm doing right.

Any alternative suggestions? Anybody else have (or once had) this problem? How did you solve it? Perhaps doing some practice LR questions to stay "limber" before taking any test would be useful (I also worry a little about fatigue, although haven't had any horrible problems with that or timing so far)?