Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Threatens to Disturb Dinner  (Read 1224 times)

angry alumni

• View Profile
    • Email
Law School Threatens to Disturb Dinner
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:39:34 PM »
Roger Williams Law School Fundraising: Your money now or dinner interrupted later

Roger Williams Law School is getting tough with its alumni. It wants them to pony up money for its latest fundraising effort.

In a threat not veiled, Roger Williams informs prospects that if they donate now, it won't be a situation of dinner interrupted later. Fair enough, I guess. At least the terms and conditions of begging are spelled out by Roger Williams Law.

IPFreely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Threatens to Disturb Dinner
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »
Meaning what, they sent you a letter saying "please donate so we don't have to call and beg"?

If you're doing well financially, and they helped put you in that position, and they treated you well while you were in school, then send 'em a check, you cheapskate.

I won't donate to my undergrad, and I badmouth them to anyone who asks, because they treated us like *&^%.  My law school is going to get as much help as I can reasonably give back, whether it's hiring from here or donating money.

angry alumni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:31:10 AM »
They are EXTORTIONISTS -- 

Here is the letter they sent:
From: Roger WIlliams University School of Law Subject: A quiet dinner - from RWU Law

At Roger Williams University School of Law, we understand the importance of family time.

Our fall 2009 Phonathon begins soon. Although we are anxious to share all of the new and exciting things that are happening at RWU Law, in part due to support from RWU Law family members like you, we donít want your dinner to be interrupted.

If your gift is received on or before the deadline of Friday, October 9th, your special family time wonít be interrupted by an alumni caller.
Make your gift online today by visiting our secure Online Giving Form.

If mailing your gift, [Redacted]

If you have already made a gift for fiscal year 2010, Thank you!

Times may change, but your support will always be important to our students!

Iím glad my law school uses extortion to get alumni to donate by asking them to donate money by October 9th or face being called during dinner.  Now I'm going to sue these joos.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »
If it's that much of a problem, then turn your phone off during dinner and/or add your school's phone number to your address book like so:  RWU IGNORE and then don't answer.

There.  Problem solved.

IPFreely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »