Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ALL INTERESTED IN GETTING ONLINE SCHOOLS ACCREDITED  (Read 4031 times)

LawStudent101

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ALL INTERESTED IN GETTING ONLINE SCHOOLS ACCREDITED
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:23 PM »
For detailed information about online law schools, go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correspondence_law_school. Another article regarding online law schools is found at: http://www.lawstudent.tv/2008/04/08/best-online-law-schools/

jacktrader38

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ALL INTERESTED IN GETTING ONLINE SCHOOLS ACCREDITED
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »
I recently saw an appeal to the Supreme Court of Minnesota, I believe, by (4) distance students who have passed the CBX and are practicing. One of which is a graduate of Columbia and I believe Harvard, another is the kid who passed the CBX @ 19, and then a couple of professors from Oakbrook or Concord.

I will try to find the document. The issue is online schools let more losers in. I currently go to a distance LS and just like in everything else I deal w/ people that I believe shouldn't be able to procreate let alone practice law. The good news is they never will and that is why the pass rates of distance schools is what it is.

However in several instances, there are those who will likely be more valuable then some from "great" LS's... I have several students I study w/ in DLS that are commercial airline pilots, doctor's, paralegals (for 15+ years) and more competent then many I have encountered.

I have worked on Wall Street for 10 years since college and always used to love when the new guys from some Ivy League would start in the fall... their identity was that school and most lacked the basic common sense to understand simple quant programs...

While I still don't know how I will proceed when I pass the CBX, I know I'll never work at a big firm and further, that my education is paid for.

The problem isn't the quality of the professors or even the programs at some of the DLS's, but the issue that anyone can get in. I have yet to see a complete and unqualified moron pass the CBX. I likely never will.

I have also never seen someone who is successful in business hammer people because they have chose to go to a DLS like I do on these forums...