Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 161 & 173 LSAT  (Read 2122 times)

uclakais

• View Profile
161 & 173 LSAT
« on: October 17, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if I should use the personal statement to explain why the 173 is more representative of my abilities. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lekowitz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 3.84 / 161 & 173 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 11:31:31 AM »
I would say it depends on what other topics you have for your PS. You have good numbers, so I would explain the score discrepancy in an addendum, and focus your PS on a story that can't be captured in your resume/transcript. If you really don't have anything like that for your PS, then maybe focusing it on that may be the way to go.

Hope that helps.

writetrackad

• info@writetrackadmissions.com | (888) WRIT-TRK
    • View Profile
    • Write Track Admissions
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »
UCLA Kais,

Absolutely not!  The personal statement is not intended for discussion of your LSAT score, but rather, an opportunity to explain to the admissions committees who you are as applicant and invidual, to humanize your story beyond your LSAT and GPA, and most fundamentally, state why you decided to pursue a law degree.  I can assure you that drafting a statement focusing on your LSAT scores will impair your chances of admission, and as a former admission officer, I highly encourage you draft an addendum to address your LSAT scores. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions or are in need of more help.

Best,

Kal | Write Track Admissions
_____________________________ _____
Write Track Law Admissions
Admission Expert | www.writetrackadmissions.com
info@writetrackadmissions.com
Get Noticed, Get In

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »
UCLA Kais,

Absolutely not!  The personal statement is not intended for discussion of your LSAT score, but rather, an opportunity to explain to the admissions committees who you are as applicant and invidual, to humanize your story beyond your LSAT and GPA, and most fundamentally, state why you decided to pursue a law degree.  I can assure you that drafting a statement focusing on your LSAT scores will impair your chances of admission, and as a former admission officer, I highly encourage you draft an addendum to address your LSAT scores. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions or are in need of more help.

Best,

Agreed.

writetrackad

• info@writetrackadmissions.com | (888) WRIT-TRK
    • View Profile
    • Write Track Admissions
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
Again, the Personal Statement should be used for a personal narrative, which links to your decision to why you are pursuing a law degree.

Use the addendum, a supplementary statement, to explain your LSAT scores. 

Please forward your statement to info@writetrackadmissions.com for a free, professional assessment of your personal statement. 

Best,

_____________________________ _____
Write Track Law Admissions
Admission Expert | www.writetrackadmissions.com
info@writetrackadmissions.com
Get Noticed, Get In