Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.4 GPA/145 LSAT Any chance?  (Read 4485 times)

scarlett_grace

• View Profile
3.4 GPA/145 LSAT Any chance?
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:35:13 PM »
I have a 3.4 GPA currently at a highly ranked liberal arts school in the South. I recently took the LSAT and made a 145. What are my chances of getting into law school? I'm looking at schools in the South...particularly the University of South Carolina, Charleston School of Law, Georgia, and UNC for example.

oceansmarine

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 3.4 GPA/145 LSAT Any chance?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »
First ---  Earn a degree within your field of Interest First.  We designed the process to ensure that you would not come out with a worthless degree.  If you desire law school, your GPA will be leveraged by LSDAS (on a 4.0 scale) with your test score LSAT (180 = 4.0/179 -3.95/120=1.0 etc......)  to benchmark the adjusted GPA.  Your 145 is 10 points below average.  the Average LSAT score for 2008-2009 is 155. Apply to a law school that will accept the LSAT number.  Look under the web at law school numbers.  Retake the test, they can only accept the highest LSAT score, required by the council and as stated your GPA will be adjusted by LSDAS

As for finances.  Plan on your worse case scenario.  You are heading back home to start you legal profession and that you will not be offered a job.  If you can stomach that thought, your home free and keep in mind that you have a identifiable potential in law school in respects to GPA.   Articles:  'Fixing law school admissions' Wesleyan Argus University paper Google and then click on Web. A Good Summary of the situation based on GPA, employment and the objectives of the old council.

Law School is a business and they offer no money back guarantees should you fail financially after graduation !!   Never attend a law school without getting your BA first !! It's all about employment.   You will make it !!!