Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LAW SCHOOL - FLORIDA BAR  (Read 4364 times)

Ladylaw2009

• View Profile
LAW SCHOOL - FLORIDA BAR
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
Does anyone know of a law school such as Concord or Novus that have accreditation that will allow you sit for the Florida Bar?

ecwinch

• View Profile
Re: LAW SCHOOL - FLORIDA BAR
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »
This is the provision in Florida for those without an ABA degree.

(a) Applicants Not Meeting Educational Qualifications. An applicant who does not meet the educational qualifications in rule 4-13.1, must meet the following requirements:

(1) evidence as the board may require that the applicant was engaged in the practice of law for at least 10 years in the District of Columbia, in other states of the United States of America, or in federal courts of the United States or its territories, possessions, or protectorates, and was in good standing at the bar of the jurisdictions in which the applicant practiced; and
(2) a representative compilation of the work product in the field of law showing the scope and character of the applicant's previous experience and practice at the bar, including samples of the quality of the applicant's work, including pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda, contracts, or other working papers that the applicant considers illustrative of his or her expertise and academic and legal training. The representative compilation of the work product must be confined to the applicant's most recent 10 years of practice and must be complete and include all supplemental documents requested.

Ladylaw2009

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »
Thank you for the information, I actually looked it up last night after speaking with the Admissions officer from Concord.  They are very professional and very honest in what they tell you.  I just think I am going to try the traditional law school and see what happens.  The LSAT is my biggest obstable.  I have 20 years plus of legal experience but after talking with Concord I realized that although they seem to be very good, and making advancements in this field its really too early to know if the ABA is ever going to accept this kind of education.  Its too bad b/c I really researched the school and they are as good as any other or even better than some.  The draw back for me I dont want to leave the state I am in.  Thank you for the information.

jacktrader38

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »
I don't know where you are located in Florida, but if you were considering online you may want to look at FAMU in Orlando. I am only basing this on cost and don't know anything about the school, but I do know that Barry, and pretty much any other school (including Nova), will cost you quite a bit.

Good luck. The LSAT's won't be too hard.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:19:29 AM »
I don't know where you are located in Florida, but if you were considering online you may want to look at FAMU in Orlando. I am only basing this on cost and don't know anything about the school, but I do know that Barry, and pretty much any other school (including Nova), will cost you quite a bit.

Good luck. The LSAT's won't be too hard.

FAMU and Barry are garbage, but they are better than the non-ABA "schools".

The LSAT won't be too hard? And this is based on...?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

jacktrader38

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 04:36:31 PM »
RE: The LSAT won't be too hard? And this is based on...?

If you're trying to get into FAMU, the LSAT won't be too hard.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:41:49 AM »
RE: The LSAT won't be too hard? And this is based on...?

If you're trying to get into FAMU, the LSAT won't be too hard.

I loled.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.