Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.3/158 U. of South Carolina is my only option...what do you think.  (Read 599 times)

cdrhodes

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm Caucasian.  I'm a non-traditional student in that I'm 31, have an extensive work history in professional positions (I haven't been working at Wal-Mart in other words), and I am extremely involved in my community (on our Rotary Club board of directors, Jr. Chamber of Commerce, etc.).  I'll have a MPA in the spring (Public Administration) with a great GPA (3.8 or better).  I don't know if this stuff even matters but I'm throwing it out there.

Because of my wife's career, USC is really the only option.  Chas. School of Law is a possibility but not an attractive one.  What do you think?  Should I be concerned?  Go ahead, hurt my feelings.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3.3/158 U. of South Carolina is my only option...what do you think.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
I'm Caucasian.  I'm a non-traditional student in that I'm 31, have an extensive work history in professional positions (I haven't been working at Wal-Mart in other words), and I am extremely involved in my community (on our Rotary Club board of directors, Jr. Chamber of Commerce, etc.).  I'll have a MPA in the spring (Public Administration) with a great GPA (3.8 or better).  I don't know if this stuff even matters but I'm throwing it out there.

There are many people working for Wal-Mart that have careers and earn the amount of money you will never earn in you life.  Do you know how much Wal-Mart employees at the corporate office make?  Even at the store level, do you know how much its managers make? 

Because of my wife's career, USC is really the only option.  Chas. School of Law is a possibility but not an attractive one.  What do you think?  Should I be concerned?  Go ahead, hurt my feelings.

IF law school is what you want, USC is a good option with your stats.  It's not like you have 3.8 and 168.  What's Chas. School of Law? The equivalent of North Carolina Central? 

legalwriter

• View Profile
Re: 3.3/158 U. of South Carolina is my only option...what do you think.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
You're right at the median gpa and a tick below the median LSAT for S.C., which means your numbers are fine and you have a strong chance of getting in. Just focus on making the rest of your application as strong as possible and I'd be surprised if you don't get in. Being a non-trad should be a boost, too.