Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR Dilemma--plzzz help  (Read 1398 times)

saks5th

• View Profile
LOR Dilemma--plzzz help
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:13:50 AM »
So here's the story, and I am really really  stressed out about this. So much so I broke down at work, leading to my Dilemma:

I asked my college professors for LOR. One was in back in July, another was supposed to be in 2wks ago. My professor, has NOT RESPONDED to any of my emails, asking her about the LOR and if she has sent it back to LSAC. I have sent in all my apps to all my 24 schools, with the exception of five that don't require 2LOR, the rest have told me they are waiting for the LOR.

I asked my boss if she could write me the LOR because this professor has gone M.I.A and only GOD knows where she is and if she is getting my emails. My question is this: Since I have only been out of school for 1yr how bad does it look to drop my second professor(who is now M.I.A but is now teaching at Yale)for my boss? I am mainly concerned about going complete late in the cycle.

hopefulsplitter28

• View Profile
Re: LOR Dilemma--plzzz help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:20:51 AM »
In at least some of your apps, don't you have to specify who the recommenders are? If so, how are you going to deal with those professors you wrote down but never get a LOR from?

Otherwise, I'd just shoot for other people to write you 2 quick LORs.

vesperholly

• View Profile
Re: LOR Dilemma--plzzz help
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:19 PM »
I think you have to be in salvage mode here.

> Since I have only been out of school for 1yr how bad does it look to drop my second professor(who is now M.I.A but is now teaching at Yale)for my boss?

The answer is probably "Not as bad as it looks to only have one LOR." And most schools will let you submit additional LORs, so if your lame-ass professor belatedly comes through, you can always send the LOR as a late supplement.

I strongly suspect that most schools have seen this scenario before, too.
Legerdemain and sass