Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Questions About Recommendations  (Read 1092 times)

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
Questions About Recommendations
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »
I intend to send my applications in January after I get my LSAT Score (Yeah I know its super late).  What I am wondering is what is an appropriate time to ask a professor for a recommendation?  Should it be 2mos. before? 2wks?
Also, I plan to apply to like 8 different schools, should I ask my professor for 8 different letters? or can I make copies myself and send them?
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Questions About Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
Will Somebody please give me a little feedback  :(
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~

NYCFed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »
Ask them now.   You should be signed up for lsdas with lsac, letters will go to lsac.  1 letter per reccomender unless there is a compelling reason to ask someone for a school specific letter. 

lyre

• brightly burns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »
Ask ASAP because some profs will be slow in writing them.  Just ask for one generic letter that they will mail/fax to LSDAS and it will be sent to all the schools.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 04:55:35 PM »
Ask them now.   You should be signed up for lsdas with lsac, letters will go to lsac.  1 letter per reccomender unless there is a compelling reason to ask someone for a school specific letter. 
Ask ASAP because some profs will be slow in writing them.  Just ask for one generic letter that they will mail/fax to LSDAS and it will be sent to all the schools.

+1
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
Thanx a bunch guys! I'll get on it 1st thing Monday morning!  ;)

~Thomas Jefferson~