Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .Chuck has free food.  (Read 2761 times)

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
.Chuck has free food.
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »
For the record. Don't let him tell you otherwise.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: .Chuck has free food.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »
Free food to give, or free food that was given to him?

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:37:32 AM »
 :D

Why not make this an obscure version of the food channel? 

(summoning PJC. I blame/thank you for my new dietary regimen!  It's rather flavorful  :) )

Ended up doing Taco Tuesday on a Wednesday night and they were frigging good.  Drowned one crunchy taco in Tapatio hot sauce and threw in a few jalapenos.  Darn good stuff. 

Plenty of leftovers for later.

/jsia

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »
With your new flavorful diet, do you drink lite beer?  I find lite beer repugnant.  It's a bastardized substandard version of beer.  I especially can't stand when someone tries to get drunk off of lite beer.  You need more of it since it's less alcoholic.  So why wouldn't someone just want a bit less of something that tastes really good?

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »
With your new flavorful diet, do you drink lite beer?  I find lite beer repugnant.  It's a bastardized substandard version of beer.  I especially can't stand when someone tries to get drunk off of lite beer.  You need more of it since it's less alcoholic.  So why wouldn't someone just want a bit less of something that tastes really good?

Seconded. Lite beer is horrific.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »

That's one reason why I love bourbon so much.  It's the only uniquely American alcohol that we take pride in.  When we get our hands on beer, we make it lite, tasteless, and of a poor quality.  We make most of our alcohol to be low in flavor and to be consumed in significant quantities.  However, bourbon is the one thing that's very American and meant to be of the highest quality and for every sip to be enjoyed.

TimMitchell

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »

That's one reason why I love bourbon so much.  It's the only uniquely American alcohol that we take pride in.  When we get our hands on beer, we make it lite, tasteless, and of a poor quality.  We make most of our alcohol to be low in flavor and to be consumed in significant quantities.  However, bourbon is the one thing that's very American and meant to be of the highest quality and for every sip to be enjoyed.

I agree with all of this

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »

I agree with all of this

I love you.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »

ehh, light beer isn't all bad.  Amstel light for instance, especially when you get it on tap in a pub in Holland.  Fresh, tasty, and high ETOH content.  The bottled version available in the US is watered down and not the same though.  :(

Notice that in Holland, Amstel Light is actually just Amstel - exclusively.  While its light version is exclusively sold here.  So they're not actually the same.  That said, Amstel Light is the most acceptable light beer - but saying you like it more in Holland is saying that you prefer regular beer to light beer.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »

ehh, light beer isn't all bad.  Amstel light for instance, especially when you get it on tap in a pub in Holland.  Fresh, tasty, and high ETOH content.  The bottled version available in the US is watered down and not the same though.  :(

Notice that in Holland, Amstel Light is actually just Amstel - exclusively.  While its light version is exclusively sold here.  So they're not actually the same.  That said, Amstel Light is the most acceptable light beer - but saying you like it more in Holland is saying that you prefer regular beer to light beer.

Ahh, you're right.  I now remember that when I was in Holland it was just Amstel, light wasn't part of the name. 

I'll still come to the defense of light beer though. 
    -  It's cheap!  $12.99 for a 30 pack of stones or natty light for example
    -  It has little or no flavor and therefore goes down like water, hence, a good beer if you suddenly want to pound several really fast.
    -  Depending on the brand the ETOH content is really not that much less than more flavorful beers.
    -  Conclusion being:  cheap light beer has bang for the buck to get right down to business getting a buzz without the risks involved with hard liquor (like drinking half a bottle of something that is 80+ proof and not having a clue where you are or what happened when you wake up!)

In terms of quality beer with flavor and that covers all the bases well, my favorite is good Hefeweizen.

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"