Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Full time student, full time employed, need to take LSAT in 2 months! Help?  (Read 4462 times)

mccarthy

• View Profile
Maybe he means "how does one start a thread."

llianehunter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Full time student, full time employed, need to take LSAT in 2 months! Help?
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »
Lol, i know how to reply to a post. but not to start my own which was my question

mccarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »
You should see a tab that says "new topic." That's what you're looking for.

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
well I am enrolled in an accelerated Princeton Review LSAT prep course. I started off by taking a practice exam the first day to see where I was, and as I thought I was pretty unfamiliar with the process. I scored a 137 :-[ But, at least it wasn't a 120....lol. Princeton review guarantee's a 10 point gain from the first test given or your money back. My teacher said I should expect to gain about 10 percentage points (whatever that means)
I have a month of three 3.5 hours classes a week, and weekly practice tests. I felt good after the first class having several "Ah Ha" moments when she explained the techniques for taking the exam. I am not applying at top tier schools, so I'm not overly concerned with getting an absolute high score. I'd be happy with a 150-160. Being a URM will work to my advantage but thats not what I'm banking on. I have a high GPA, highly regarded LOR's, I hold public office, heavily involved in the community and tons of valuable life experiences to bring to the table.
I registered with lsac for the dec. 4th exam and I am really excited to move to the next phase in this process.   

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »
**UPDATE**
Well I took the LSAT December 5th, and after taking a prep course through Princeton Review I must say the actual test seemed easier than the proctored practice test that I have been taking for the past month. I felt good about the test while taking it, and I'm looking forward to see how much my score improved when I get the results!! I'm preparing my applications as we speak. Law School fall '10 here we come!!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
Princeton review guarantee's a 10 point gain from the first test given or your money back.

That wasn't the case when I taught there.  You sure you read the fine print right?

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 04:59:08 PM »
Princeton review guarantee's a 10 point gain from the first test given or your money back.

That wasn't the case when I taught there.  You sure you read the fine print right?
yes, and you're right. They only guarantee an "improvement" where as my instructor said I should expect to see a 10 point improvement. When we pressed the office personal for further clarification she concluded that even a 1 point improvement would be sufficient to meet the terms of the guarantee 

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 02:41:23 PM »
So how did the scores go trudawg?

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
So how did the scores go trudawg?

well, not as good as I'd hoped, but I'm just going to apply anyway. I spoke with the admission counselor at the ONLY school that I'm looking to get into and she stated that I should be fine with some strong LOR's so I'm working on that right now. If I don't get in, then I"m going to complete a 1 year masters degree program and try again next year, but something tells me I'll be just fine