Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Full time student, full time employed, need to take LSAT in 2 months! Help?  (Read 4418 times)

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
Okay, I have dropped the ball, but I'm really good at picking it back up and running with it. I did NOT realize that I needed to take the LSAT this year in order to attend LS in the fall of next year! I work full time about 50 hours a week, and am taking a full course load (online). Fortunately I can get most of my school work done during work hours so that frees up a lot of my time at home and weekends to devote to LSAT prep. I have yet to take ANY practice test, and have no idea where I'm at on the LSAT scale.
I really do NOT want to take a year off between graduating undergrad and going to LS, it will kill my momentum. Top schools aren't important to me. Actually I'm hoping to attend Phoenix School of Law here in AZ that has a part-time program.
What is the best course of action to get prepared for this test, and do well? I don't want my GPA to be affected as I'm trying to maintain my 3.75. I know I can DO this, just need a practical approach. Any input?

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Okay, I have dropped the ball, but I'm really good at picking it back up and running with it. I did NOT realize that I needed to take the LSAT this year in order to attend LS in the fall of next year! I work full time about 50 hours a week, and am taking a full course load (online). Fortunately I can get most of my school work done during work hours so that frees up a lot of my time at home and weekends to devote to LSAT prep. I have yet to take ANY practice test, and have no idea where I'm at on the LSAT scale.
I really do NOT want to take a year off between graduating undergrad and going to LS, it will kill my momentum. Top schools aren't important to me. Actually I'm hoping to attend Phoenix School of Law here in AZ that has a part-time program.
What is the best course of action to get prepared for this test, and do well? I don't want my GPA to be affected as I'm trying to maintain my 3.75. I know I can DO this, just need a practical approach. Any input?

Did this work out for you? If not are you going to take it now and use the score for next year's app cycle?

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm taking the test December 4th. I called the law school(s) of my choice and checked to see if I'd be fine applying for fall 2010 if I took the LSAT in December. I'm taking a Princeton Review accelerated prep course from now till December 1st. It will be tight, but I'm sure everything will work out. I'm so excited to moving to the next phase of my long term plan.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I'm taking the test December 4th. I called the law school(s) of my choice and checked to see if I'd be fine applying for fall 2010 if I took the LSAT in December. I'm taking a Princeton Review accelerated prep course from now till December 1st. It will be tight, but I'm sure everything will work out. I'm so excited to moving to the next phase of my long term plan.

But be cautious.  If you don't feel that you've maxed out your LSAT potential and there's still plenty of room to improve, think about taking a year off.  But if you're feeling great, good luck!

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email

But be cautious.  If you don't feel that you've maxed out your LSAT potential and there's still plenty of room to improve, think about taking a year off.  But if you're feeling great, good luck!
thanks, thats a good point. I'll know more when I start taking these practice test, but I'm pretty sure i'll be able to capitalize on the momentum. I'm pretty dead set against taking a year off, so I'm sure that will be  an incintive for me to do well

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

thanks, thats a good point. I'll know more when I start taking these practice test, but I'm pretty sure i'll be able to capitalize on the momentum. I'm pretty dead set against taking a year off, so I'm sure that will be  an incintive for me to do well

incentive.

Well good luck, what i've read is that it is a test that can be learned...so just take as many tests as you can even outside of the ones they give, time yourself (cause i see that seems to f. up many many people), and go in there like you OWN the LSAT! ROFL 

llianehunter

• View Profile
    • Email
Ok i am in almost the same exact situation. I work full time, have been for almost half of my college career and i am taking the lsat in dec. like you, i do not want to take a year off before i attend law school.  I say go for it, mostly because i am too. lol. i took the kaplan prep course last summer and then chickend out and did not take the test. i've been studying off and on for a year now and am accelerating study time as much as i can working fourty hours. pretty tough. im crossing my fingers for the both of us. this question might sound dumb, and i cant believe im asking it but, how do u post on the discussion board?? lol. ive been looking up and down on this website and cannot find out how to do it

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Ok i am in almost the same exact situation. I work full time, have been for almost half of my college career and i am taking the lsat in dec. like you, i do not want to take a year off before i attend law school.  I say go for it, mostly because i am too. lol. i took the kaplan prep course last summer and then chickend out and did not take the test. i've been studying off and on for a year now and am accelerating study time as much as i can working fourty hours. pretty tough. im crossing my fingers for the both of us. this question might sound dumb, and i cant believe im asking it but, how do u post on the discussion board?? lol. ive been looking up and down on this website and cannot find out how to do it

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ya, I'm baffled, because you posted hunter :-[

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
lol
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.