Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking the LSAT abroad  (Read 2701 times)

The Mark

• View Profile
    • Email
Taking the LSAT abroad
« on: October 04, 2009, 02:27:12 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with taking the LSAT overseas. I'll be in Italy during the June 2010 LSAT, and I'm considering taking the test in Rome. I am interested to know how the testing conditions differ from here in the states, what effects taking it in another country had on anxiety levels and test performance, or just any other insight in general. Thanks.

HiteMikju

• View Profile
Re: Taking the LSAT abroad
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 02:11:39 AM »
I took it a week ago in Seoul, South Korea.  It was fine, nothing abnormal, though I can't compare it to the test in the US since I've never taken it there.  I had heard of problems in earlier years (like the site being changed the morning of and everyone being bussed to the other side of the city). I'd also heard that the pencil down call is not so harshly enforced in Korea, but that didn't seem true to me...although it may have just been that no one TRIED to write longer.  The biggest difference about taking it in Korea was that there was an entire room of test takers with the last name Kim!  Instructions were over the intercom in English...probably because not all the proctors in the different rooms spoke English very well.  Very few instructions were given in Korea, and the few that were were repeated in English.  Of course, the BIGGEST difference was that the test was DIFFERENT than the one taken in the US.  I can't compare.  It didn't seem easier than the practice tests.  The reading section was actually one of the harder ones I had encountered.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
best,
Matt