Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Top schools that offer full rides?  (Read 3560 times)

commscholar

• View Profile
Top schools that offer full rides?
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »
Yale and Harvard both say that they do not offer merit scholarships.  I'm wondering which of the top tier law schools offer full ride scholarships.  I know NYU does, but the rest are not so public about it and a little unclear.  Anyone know of others?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Top schools that offer full rides?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »
YHS don't.

Columbia, NYU, Michigan, Virginia, Penn (?), and Northwestern do. There could be more, but those are the ones I know offhand.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Top schools that offer full rides?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
Yale and Harvard both say that they do not offer merit scholarships.  I'm wondering which of the top tier law schools offer full ride scholarships.  I know NYU does, but the rest are not so public about it and a little unclear.  Anyone know of others?

The key is fairly basic:  if you're a student that law school would be happy to have (because it makes that law school more competitive vis-a-vis HYS), then all bets are off.  The more you would make them look good--which of course applies to a vanishingly small percentage of applicants--the more inclined they are to make a deal.

The lower one goes in the official hierarchy, the easier it is to make that deal . . . but the less that deal means.