Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Some suggestions for schools please?  (Read 583 times)

Richard4RollTide

• Only the best will do!
    • MSN Messenger - Richard4RollTide@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Richard4RollTide
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Richard4RollTide
    • View Profile
    • Email
Some suggestions for schools please?
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
So, here I am, a senior at The University of Alabama, and am considering law schools. I'm registered for the December LSAT, and my stats for GPA are below (Last 48 and 24 are provided to show that there is an upward trend in GPA). I am definitely considering UA as a school, even though it's Tier 1 and I have a low GPA at UA. Major is Operations Management, minor is Computer Applications and Technology and I see myself easily in the LSAT 160 to 173 range (broad I know). Also, I'm a non-trad, as I was in the Army for 4 years (29 now).

Location isn't that important, but I'd like to stay out of areas such as Montana, however if there are some people in Montana, North Dakota, etc, by all means, I'd still like to hear about it, who knows!

My goal is to find the following: 1 school that I'd love to get into but will be a challenge (UA), 2 schools that I could get into with some effort, and 2 schools that all I have to do is score 165+ on the LSAT and I'm in. So, any suggestions?
LSAT - December 2009
GPAs - UGPA - 2.833, Last 24 GPA - 3.4163, Last 48 GPA - 3.7215, Maj GPA - 3.38, Minor GPA - 4.165
LSN: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rwhennings3

compaq1984

• View Profile
Re: Some suggestions for schools please?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
If you havent started studying for the LSAT already, I suggest you start soon.  It's not as easy to predict your scores as you would think.  When I started, I figured I could def. scored mid 170s+ because I was naturally comfortable with logical reasoning and good at standardized tests; plus, a girl I knew scored 170+ and she seemed like a complete ditz.  Unfortunately, after studying for sometime, I realized that my ambitious goals may have been out of reach.  Basically, everyone is different and some people have a natural ability for the LSAT.  If you are one of these people, then great but I suggest that you concentrate on studying for the LSAT first and worrying about schools after its done.  This is especially important if you are intending on applying this cycle because you will not likely have a chance to retake and still be included in the cycle.  Just some advice...

ps... 160-173 is about 15-20 raw points, depending on the scale.  Try not to worry about where you will end up until you are well along with your studies...

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:25:16 PM »
I see myself easily in the LSAT 160 to 173 

Sorry, but we can't even start to advise you until we have an LSAT score.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Richard4RollTide

• Only the best will do!
    • MSN Messenger - Richard4RollTide@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Richard4RollTide
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Richard4RollTide
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »
Thanks compaq. I started studying this week and know that not getting in Fall 2010 isn't the "end of the world", which means if I don't get what I wanted on the LSAT on Dec/Feb, then I'll just keep going for Fall 2011.
LSAT - December 2009
GPAs - UGPA - 2.833, Last 24 GPA - 3.4163, Last 48 GPA - 3.7215, Maj GPA - 3.38, Minor GPA - 4.165
LSN: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rwhennings3