Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances for foreigners???  (Read 1540 times)

alkasd

• View Profile
    • Email
Chances for foreigners???
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
Hi everyone!
I am an immigrant from Russia (have a Green card), graduated from Russian college with the major in linguistics,
 just took september LSAT, my concern is for internationals they don't count GPAs and that really sucks cause I have only As in my diploma, LSAC did evaluation and all they mentioned there is that I graduaded with honours, I wonder how that gonna affect my admission chances? I'm looking into 160-162 on my LSAT?
Do you think they take into consideration that for a person whose native language is not English to get even 160 is an achievement?
Thanks a lot for your time

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances for foreigners???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 01:41:17 AM »
Hi everyone!
I am an immigrant from Russia (have a Green card), graduated from Russian college with the major in linguistics,
 just took september LSAT, my concern is for internationals they don't count GPAs and that really sucks cause I have only As in my diploma, LSAC did evaluation and all they mentioned there is that I graduaded with honours, I wonder how that gonna affect my admission chances? I'm looking into 160-162 on my LSAT?
Do you think they take into consideration that for a person whose native language is not English to get even 160 is an achievement?
Thanks a lot for your time

I would say call the schools you are interested in (all of them, because answers may be different) and speak to an admissions counselor and ask them this question.

Good luck!

neon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chances for foreigners???
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »
You have some wrong info. I am a foreigner from Ukraine, and I am also on green card, and schools did take grades into account, why wouldn't they? LSAC did evaluation, and schools accepted it. True, I had some issues with their evaluation, as they used 5 grade system, instead of 4 (since we don't get grade 1 :) But they re-evaluated it and calculated my GPA.