Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thanks Guys! My LSAT Experience  (Read 7356 times)

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks Guys! My LSAT Experience
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »
Business is a boomin.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Business is a boomin.

Should set up a stand outside the ztesting center as folks go in, you'd make a killing.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »
When I sat for the LSAT I didn't even bring a sharpener. Instead, I had nearly 50 presharpened pencils.

Nice, that's one pencil for every two bubbles you fill in or alternatively a good supply to conduct a quick and profitable pre-test swap meet while waiting in the check in line.  A couple of bucks a piece per pencil from people that forgot to bring enough or brought a mechanical pencil instead and you could have recouped part of the test registration fee.

That could really be a profitable venture. 

According to the LSAC test day rules:

Items Allowed on the Desktop

Test takers may only have tissues, ID, wooden pencils, erasers, a pencil sharpener, highlighter, and analog (nondigital) wristwatch. No electronic devices are permitted. No timers of any kind except analog wristwatches.

Noting the plural use of 'pencils' it appears that the rules allow one to bring in as many pencils as you can fit into a one gallon ziplock bag and one could make a killing selling more during the break.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
Business is a boomin.

Should set up a stand outside the ztesting center as folks go in, you'd make a killing.

Matthies, it was probably a typo but you got me laughing in a good way to start the day.  I read your post as 'zesting' center, like the soap. 

http://www.zest.com/

Their slogan is currently "Zest cleans life's dirt"  and I thought it fit what test day is all about pretty well!   :D

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 11:19:31 AM »
Business is a boomin.

I actually considered this. It's amazing how many people fail to read the regulations before the test.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
Business is a boomin.

I actually considered this. It's amazing how many people fail to read the regulations before the test.

My buddy and I talked about this at the bar exam. There was only 1 restaurant with in like 2 miles, so people stood inline forever, We are thinking of going in feb set up a taco cart, sell beer after the end of second day, have pencils, asprin, sodas, wahetever. Pay off our student loans since you know us T2 grads donít ever get jobs as lawyers
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

nygrrrl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »

[/quote]

My buddy and I talked about this at the bar exam. There was only 1 restaurant with in like 2 miles, so people stood inline forever, We are thinking of going in feb set up a taco cart, sell beer after the end of second day, have pencils, asprin, sodas, wahetever. Pay off our student loans since you know us T2 grads donít ever get jobs as lawyers
[/quote]

That's hysterical. You should totally do that.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »
no, no.  give away pencils broken leads, then sell pencil sharpeners.

amateurs!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »
What's next? Naked testing?  Make everyone strip down in one room, then proctors issue each person a few pencils and a towel to put on the seat of their chair as they are herded one by one into the testing room? 

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,7183.0.html

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Business is a boomin.

Especially with that new "embarassment surcharge" that the bar tacks onto your accreditation.

Matthies, I recommend looking into the lucrative occupation of "pizza man".