Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long does hand scoring take?  (Read 1328 times)

trippstrat

• View Profile
How long does hand scoring take?
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:50:08 PM »
Just got back from the test center.  I have to say that I thought the RC section was harder than usual.  I changed a few of my answers and left some eraser marks on the paper.  Are the chances very slim of the Scanner machine grading those wrong?  If I decide to get it hand scored, how long does that usually take?  Thank you for any advice.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: How long does hand scoring take?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
Just got back from the test center.  I have to say that I thought the RC section was harder than usual.  I changed a few of my answers and left some eraser marks on the paper.  Are the chances very slim of the Scanner machine grading those wrong?  If I decide to get it hand scored, how long does that usually take?  Thank you for any advice.

As long as you did a good job erasing (even though it still leaves a visible smudge in the erased bubble on the answer sheet) and filled in the bubbles you wanted completely it should be scored properly.  The scanning machines are very accurate and tuned to tell the difference between minor random stray marks/erasures and intentionally filled in bubbles for your selected responses. 

You will receive a scan of your bubble/answer sheet when scores are released and can then verify whether your test was scored properly.  I'm pretty sure you can request a hand score after scores are released if you see a problem, but you should read the current LSAC rules and regulations about that at lsac.org to verify.  They have changed a lot of rules, regulations and deadlines in the last year. 

Hand scoring typically takes about 1-2 weeks, depending on when you request it.  Unless the scanning machine went totally haywire or you are a terrible bubbler that can't seem to fill in the ovals decently, paying the fee for a hand score is typically wasted $$$ that wont lead to a 'happy ending'.

trippstrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »
Thanks.  I'll just wait to receive the copy of the actual form I used and see if there are any errors.  Thank you for your help.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:08:41 AM »
Will the real Jeffort please stand up

Squish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 02:06:53 AM »
Good to know as I was worried about the same thing.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »
Will the real Jeffort please stand up

Here for roll call standing up! 

Do I need to show ID and sign a check in sheet or something as well?