1 (2.7%)
Just signed up for December LSAT
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: October 07, 2009, 09:46:27 AM

Sept. '09 LSAT...TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Re: Sept. '09 LSAT DONE...FIRST POST!
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
For the logic games, I would assume (yes, this is a flawed assumption but @#!* it, I'm not in LSAT mode right now) it had to be likely that any one with 23 questions was the real one. I know it doesn't really apply since things change randomly, but in all my latest preptests (55,56,57), the logic games were only 23 questions long. And  the RC was usually 28. Seriously, wth. Why put the most questions on the part where you already have to read the most. Seems unnecessarily difficult.

Anyways, I really hope that my second LR (Section 3) was the experimental. I'm just glad that one of those two was though since I did great on section 4.

I remember sitting with my LSAT testbook closed as they were reading the instructions and looking at the faint text through the front of the paper cover. At first I was like, "Yes, I think it is LR first" then I saw the faint outline of the line numbers for the paragraphs and said a little, "oh @#!* me." in my head.

My first thought after that was the chance  I might have two RC sections with one of them being experimental. :(

For me, my order of preference for what kind of experimental section I would have gotten would have been: 1.LG 2.LR 3.RC

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2009, 11:40:48 AM »
So......was the real LG the one with the 601,602,603,604,605 question? I hope so  :)

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2009, 01:19:43 PM »
So......was the real LG the one with the 601,602,603,604,605 question? I hope so  :)

Yes

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
anyone remember how many questions the reading comp (music, tangible object theory) had?  trying to figure out how badly i bombed this.  thanks!

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 03:56:44 PM »
anyone remember how many questions the reading comp (music, tangible object theory) had?  trying to figure out how badly i bombed this.  thanks!

I believe it was 27, though I could very well be wrong.

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 09:03:12 PM »
yes... i believe the test was 101 total...
RC- 27
LG- 23
LR- 25/26

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »
For those with the LG/LR/RC/LG/LR order, was the first or fourth game section the experimental?  I know the real section included games about statues, volunteers, planes, and classes, but I just can't seem to recall if I had that section first or fourth!

I know it has been the trend that the experimental is one of the first three sections (and I want to rest assured that it's the case for my test form as well since I don't feel as confident about section 1 as I do about section 4), but with LSAC changing things up slightly, I'm wondering if they would make as drastic a change as placing the experimental fourth. It's killing me. AHH!

Many thanks!!

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »
I first was the experimental. The exp section is always sec 1, 2, or 3.

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »
Diggz, I was exactly the same way.  I felt panic rush over me when I noticed through the cover that RC was first.  I def. anticipated having 3 RCs....I HATE these sections.  I understand that having good reading skills is necessary for law school and practicing law but lets be serious.  Being able to "speed read" articles about ridiculous topics doesn't prove that you'll be better at making outlines or reading briefs (IMO)... Just that you can do them a little quicker... I think the questions in this section should be the same or less than those in LR/LG.  Plus, i was better at those sections anyways! Ha.  :P
For the logic games, I would assume (yes, this is a flawed assumption but @#!* it, I'm not in LSAT mode right now) it had to be likely that any one with 23 questions was the real one. I know it doesn't really apply since things change randomly, but in all my latest preptests (55,56,57), the logic games were only 23 questions long. And  the RC was usually 28. Seriously, wth. Why put the most questions on the part where you already have to read the most. Seems unnecessarily difficult.

Anyways. For the RC/LR/LR/LR/LG, I really hope that the second LR (Section 3) was the experimental. I'm just glad that one of those two was though since I did great on section 4.

I remember sitting with my LSAT testbook closed as they were reading the instructions and looking at the faint text through the front of the paper cover. At first I was like, "Yes, I think it is LR first" then I saw the faint outline of the line numbers for the paragraphs and said a little, "oh @#!* me." in my head.

My first thought after that was the chance  I might have two RC sections with one of them being experimental. :(

For me, my order of preference for what kind of experimental section I would have gotten would have been: 1.LG 2.LR 3.RC

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 12:59:40 AM »
Were the games pretty much the difficulty that everyone expected them to be? (i.e. no dino game difficulty?)