Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Psychiatric Disabilities Rights in Law School  (Read 1226 times)

scrobin

• View Profile
    • Email
Psychiatric Disabilities Rights in Law School
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »
In a lot of higher education institution, they ignore disability rights laws regarding psychiatric disabilities.  They think students are just going to use it to slack off.  The truth is that psychiatric disabilities, are illnesses just like asthma or diabetes, and people with psychiatric disabilities are just as sane, capable, and intelligent as anyone else. 

I was wondering,if anyone here with a psychiatric disability who is in law school, can tell me; which law schools are psychiatric disability friendly, how to deal with a psychiatric disability in law school,what kind of accomdinations law schools will give students with psychiatric disabilities, how to deal with the psychiatric disability in the admissions process, and are disabilities concerned a minority in the law school admissions process?

eupelia

• View Profile
    • Email
And..accommodated testing Re: Psychiatric Disabilities Rights in Law School
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »
That is a good question, I would also be curious what people think about accommodated testing (should I take it since LSAC notifies the schools that I had an accommodation?) or do you think that could result in a bias against my application?

Should I just deal with getting 5-10 pts lower without the additional time?