Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The LSAT Breakfast of Champions?  (Read 3784 times)

DiggzDE

• View Profile
The LSAT Breakfast of Champions?
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
I'm not one to regularly eat breakfast but since the LSATs are 6 days away, and I know I will need a healthy, yet light, meal for the morning of the test, I have started looking into what I might eat.

To start, I am going with a bowl of cereal with an apple (to help me wake up). Debating on OJ or just a bottle of water though for drink. Bacon seemed good but would likely be too heavy and oily. As the week progresses, I will find what I like best and what keeps me from needing to take a bathroom break early on in testing.

I wanted to ask people on where who have taken the LSAT what they ate the day of the test? Even if you haven't taken the test yet, what do you plan to eat? I figure a good meal is important to preparing you for a heavy test in the morning, so any advice is welcome.

Ugh.. 6 days to go... Time to get some last minute prepping in.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: The LSAT Breakfast of Champions?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:20:35 PM »
I attribute my score in large part to slamming a Tropicana Pure Premium (accept no substitutes) before the test and another during the break.

DiggzDE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »
I attribute my score in large part to slamming a Tropicana Pure Premium (accept no substitutes) before the test and another during the break.

You didn't fear retaliation from your bladder mid-test for your actions?

I've started having stomach issues due to stress and feared the need for massive bathroom break mid-test. That is one reason why I am changing my eating habits this week. My other fear was the need to pee an hour and a half in. Nothing ruins concentration like a full bladder.

I actually had someone recommend I wear a diaper. haha. Joking of course... or so I hope.

elle-y

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:33:05 AM »
My job requires 6-7 hours without appropriate nutrition, and I rely on Luna bars to get me through the first half of my days - that and a soy mocha. This has translated well into studying for the LSAT - i feel very alert - so my plan is that with a multivitamin, plus another luna bar with a little water at break.

3.1 / 156

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »
I ate a massive greasy breakfast before the LSAT.

I'm not joking.

Ninja1Hater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »
I suggest BRAN.  Eat lots of bran.  Eat bran for the entire week leading up to the LSAT, so if you haven't had any today then slam down a couple of bowls tonight.

Bran.  Eat 4-6 bowls per day, and make sure you eat it with WHOLE milk, not skim or that one-percent or two-percent junk.

On the morning of the test get up extra early so that you can eat all 4-6 bowls of bran before you take the test.

Oh, one other suggestion:  bring a roll of toilet paper with you to the test, but make sure it's small enough to fit in the plastic bag.

compaq1984

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:59:31 PM »
I suggest BRAN.  Eat lots of bran.  Eat bran for the entire week leading up to the LSAT, so if you haven't had any today then slam down a couple of bowls tonight.

Bran.  Eat 4-6 bowls per day, and make sure you eat it with WHOLE milk, not skim or that one-percent or two-percent junk.

On the morning of the test get up extra early so that you can eat all 4-6 bowls of bran before you take the test.

Oh, one other suggestion:  bring a roll of toilet paper with you to the test, but make sure it's small enough to fit in the plastic bag.

Good advice. But my testing center doesnt allow the tests to be proctored in the bathrooms..    :-\

DiggzDE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
Well my gf decided to mix things up Sat morning and will be taking me to breakfast. Let's just hope I can stomach it.

Ihop, Denny's, or a Bagel place are the only things in my area. I've scoped out the drive time and location so I won't be getting lost on the way. Makes getting a hotel with a refrigerator kind of pointless now but oh well. I'm going to enjoy relaxing some with her around.

elle-y

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »

Ihop, Denny's, or a Bagel place are the only things in my area.

I would keep things as bland as possible. It may just be me (I've got a highly stress-reactive stomach) but the less you eat that could affect you in a way you don't want, the better you're going to be...you can keep your mind focused. Limit your liquid intake, especially caffeine too before the test. Way better to be a little thirsty during the test than have to pee halfway through section 2.
3.1 / 156

TimMitchell

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »
One of the mods here tipped me off on the perfect LSAT morning breakfast

And during the break