Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In Pro Res Now, Take MPRE in November??  (Read 813 times)

P. Pius

• View Profile
In Pro Res Now, Take MPRE in November??
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
Pretty straightforward.  I'm in Pro Res now and was giving thought to taking the MPRE in November.  I'm hesitant to put it off till March, in part because I know I'll be busy with other things then and don't know how much I'll retain once I finish the class. 

I was giving thought to taking the MPRE in November, but am concerned that by taking it with still a month left of class, that will leave me in a bind for material that we haven't covered yet in class that will be on the exam.  Anyone have any thought on whether it's a good idea to take the exam in November or is it better to wait till March??
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: In Pro Res Now, Take MPRE in November??
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
PR is required fall 3L year at my school, but a lot of people take the exam in August before the class.  Others take it in November.  I'm planning to take it in March.

From what I've heard, the exam is relatively easy.  Most people I've talked to who took the exam in August (before the class) have passed it.  People who passed told me they studied for a weekend or in the evenings the week leading up to the exam.

conrad42

• Ceci n'est pas une law student.
    • View Profile
Re: In Pro Res Now, Take MPRE in November??
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »
Definitely take it in Nov. I found that my PR class did nothing to prepare for the exam, so don't worry too much about that last couple weeks of class that you'll be missing. But, you should spend some time working on practice tests. I think Kaplan's online MPRE class is free (at least it was this past summer). Besides, preparing for and taking the MPRE might help you on your PR exam.