Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone experiencing drop in scores?  (Read 748 times)

nooyyllib

Anyone experiencing drop in scores?
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »
Post-october 2005 (#47) scores have dropped quite a bit.. from 169-172s to 165-166s..

Just took June 07.

LG/LRX/LR/LR/RC
0 / 0 / 3 / 4 / 7

Yeah, I seriously am clueless about RC. Maybe it's because of the time frame I took the PT? I took the first three sections from 8:10 am ish till class. and finished up the two sections after class and driving for about 2 and a half hours around 7:30pm? Maybe I was tired? I did feel fatigue a little bit during RC but, felt like I did well enough...apparently not...

I'd love to hear what you guys are going through right now as in PT scores. This is unnerving me a little bit.

Reviewing that PT tonight and PT 52 awaits me tomorrow morning. I will take that PT all in one sitting.

Slider

• Sr. Citizen
  • The only impossible journey is one u never begin
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Anyone experiencing drop in scores?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »
My scores heave definitely dropped. I'm over analyzing everything and second guessing myself when I have the right answer the first time.

I decided to take two days off from studying and will hit the books again tomorrow.

I found some pretty decent RC advice in the link below.
http://www.law-school-books.com/LSAT-study-guide.html

Best of luck to you.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:56 AM »
I too experienced a significant drop for my first sitting. This is a telltale sign of burnout.

A reminder, my sittings and respective results were:

1. Oct '08: 155
2. Feb '09: 173

For October, I studied approximately 2 months (7-8 weeks) and was averaging 173-175 on my best PTs from a diagnostic score of 151. However, in the remaining 2 weeks before test day my scores dwindled; first into the upper 160s, which made me ever more anxious; then into the low 160s, which still functioned to make me ever more anxious, then again into the upper 150s.

The problem(s): Firstly, I was taking older PTs and had yet to acclimatize to the newer (post-2005) test format. Secondly, I was just throwing PTs at myself, nearly 4 a week in some weeks with minimal review. Moreover, the more anxious I felt, the more PTs I self-administered. Finally, I hated the LSAT and I became increasingly pessimistic in the world as test day drew nearer.

For my February sitting, I reviewed the Bibles at a leisurely pace, and took just 1 timed diagnostic prior to my sitting (Dec 2008) on which I scored a 177.

The Lesson: Dont get stuck on a score; and more importantly, TAKE A BREAK. I dont know how many times I've espoused that advice to people on this forum; I'm not joking. Relax, sit back and try to gain some perspective.

Ideally, you want to peak on test day; not be so sick and tired of the pages of the LSAT that you tune out when it counts.

nooyyllib

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
For me, first time (june 09) i wasn't scoring that high so the score was kind of expected.

right now I'm posting this during my 15 minute break - because the 3rd section was LG i finished 5 minutes early with confidence of -0 (I only give myself 10 minutes).

Well, Thales, thanks for your advice on taking a break.  I plan on taking a break for two days before Saturday rolls around.  Originally I planned on taking the June 09 PT (I never reviewed this test, so this will be almost unfamiliar and new to me) on Wednesday but I will take this on Sunday.  So i can thoroughly review it.

I don't know. I'm at a point where I don't necessarily hate the LSAT but I want to get it over with.  There is alot of pressure because this is my second time taking it.  But I decided to just "whatever". 

However, the drop in score yesterday bothers me a little bit.  At least I'm relieved that the spread was low on LRs (3/4) and high on the RC - which is usually the case.  I panicked hard when it was -11 on one LR section three PTs ago.

Maybe the drop in score yesterday was because I was tired from class and driving. 

Eh.

Hopefully today's PT (Sept 07) will be better since I put LG as a experimental.

8 minutes left.

nooyyllib

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »
OK. :-[

No PT tomorrow. Taking a break.  I originally planned on taking PTs everyday until Wednesday but not doing that. I think I might go crazy if I did.

Got destroyed on RC again. I need to figure this RC problem out before the test.

Maybe I'll perform like I did in June and get -4...