Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Non Trad hoping for T2 school, good UGPA but at dreaded State School  (Read 1198 times)

synth

• View Profile
I'm 27, looking to take the LSAT next year.  I graduated with a BA in Film (Sociology minor) and a UGPA of 3.7 from a State School.  I have worked in the business side of film production for 4 years.  I do not intend to go into Entertainment Law.   

I would like to go to a T2 school and perhaps get some amount of scholarship money.  I have looked at rankings and understand the admission expectations but am wondering since my major wasn't in Business or Biology (something considered rigorous) would I need to do even better than what is published?  I know that people come to law school from many backgrounds.   My main question is, what do I need to do to appear a desirable student coming from my background?  How much higher of a LSAT score?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Non Trad hoping for T2 school, good UGPA but at dreaded State School
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »
I don't think you'll need a higher score just becuase of your magor, but a higher score will allways help so don't take the exam until your ready.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.