Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AH!! ANY RC ADVICE THAT CAN HELP!!!???  (Read 517 times)

compaq1984

• View Profile
AH!! ANY RC ADVICE THAT CAN HELP!!!???
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
RC is going to be the death of me...
My LG are flawless...(95-100% consistently)...LR is pretty good -3 to -5 with little fluxuation...
BUT RC!!! AHH! I'm anywhere from -12 to -7.  I know i'm leaving TONS of points (and $$$) out there by not performing better on this section but I dont know what to do anymore... I've been practicing mapping, margin notes, and pacing but still my scores go haywire.  Some sections I'm ending up almost guessing an entire section or I get them all in and my accuracy is CRAP..
Any last minute help before the 26th would be GREAT!! I have lots of hours left to devote and I want to make sure I'm doing the best practicing possible...

THANKS!

nooyyllib

Re: AH!! ANY RC ADVICE THAT CAN HELP!!!???
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:22:58 PM »
same problem with me except i'm around 5 at the most.  Exception with today for some reason got smacked my RC (-9).  I dont think mapping, writing, note taking all that stuff is helpful at all. it just wastes your time.

To complete the full section you MUST, finish reading the passage within 3-3:30.  and pound through the questions totaling about 8:30.  I try to go through passages with 5-6 questions in about 6-7minutes. 

read fast, read efficiently, and dont waste time marking/note taking.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try not underling and just circling a few words.

RC is just destroying my scores. I am -2 most for LG, under -6 LRs(2).  I need to break 170 this september.

any other advice on this thread would be wonderful.

compaq1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 06:56:25 AM »
Yeah I hear ya... At this point, im going to be trying different methods to see what works best... Notes may not be for me after all... Its so frustrating to know that this stupid section is what is keeping me from finishing around -11 or better.   ???

Lekowitz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:41:16 AM »
Reading Comp is my worst section also. There is no margin for error and I always finish just in time and feel rushed.

I don't know if this will help you, but what worked for me is pausing after Every Paragraph and just thinking in my head a 1-2 (no more) sentence abstract summary of the paragraph. I did this while consciously taking less notes and marking. Even if I marked I would have to go back and reread to answer a question, so I figured I'd stop wasting time doing that and  just getting a better grip on the layout of the passage. Then I knew where to find stuff that I would have to reread anyway. I go over past tests slowly practicing this technique that way it becomes habit when I do it timed.

Thats about all I got, hope it works if ya try it out.

Good luck.