Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: a stupid question  (Read 1391 times)

she____atomizes

• View Profile
    • Email
a stupid question
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:09:40 AM »
hi everyone

if im going to be graduating may of 2011 from my undergrad program when should i apply for law school if i want to start in the fall of 2011?

LloydChristmas

• View Profile
Re: a stupid question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
Applications for your cycle will become available in the Fall of 2010, generally in early September.  You'll have from September to February (for most schools) to apply.

Most people suggest getting your applications in early though, so it's good to set a goal once that time comes around.  You've got some waiting to do though, so I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.
3.5/169

Dear Gas Man,

Packed up and drove to Aspin.  Sorry about the $.

she____atomizes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »
would it be better to apply early with around a 3.37 or wait until january and apply with around a 3.48. my ideal schools are like u of m twin cities, ucla, and CO boulder. what kind of lsat should i aim for to make up for my less than spectacular gpa?

NYCFed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »
would it be better to apply early with around a 3.37 or wait until january and apply with around a 3.48. my ideal schools are like u of m twin cities, ucla, and CO boulder. what kind of lsat should i aim for to make up for my less than spectacular gpa?
I may have too much free time on my hands for figuring this out, but assuming ~15 hours a semester for 6 semesters (applying fall of sr year) versus 7 semesters (spring), you would need a 4.14 gpa for that 1 semester to make that much of a jump (which in many indexes is the equivalent of only 1 or 2 points on the LSAT).
You're far better off, in my opinion, applying earlier and submitting your new grades to any schools that haven't made a decision or have put you on a waitlist.