Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask for recommendation in person?  (Read 1567 times)

spizzle5

• View Profile
Ask for recommendation in person?
« on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
is it better to ask your potential recommendation writer in person or via email?

I have already asked my boss to write one of the letters,the other person i'd like to ask is one of my history professors. Ive taken a few of his classes and he knows me (my face, name, interests, etc) but we are not 'close'. Though im sure he'll say yes, I feel like it would be rude to put him on the spot if I visit during office hours and ask in person. Thoughts?

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ask for recommendation in person?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:44:41 PM »
It's not putting him on the spot. Believe me, if he doesn't want to write it, he'll say so. Probably like "I'd feel more comfortable if you asked another professor." Ask him in person.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
being dyslxic I read the thread title as 'Ask for a recomendation in  prison" and my first thought was, umm, no. But I agree now with the other poster now that I read it right.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

spizzle5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:34:22 PM »
haha although, filling out apps from prison could make a very unique personal statement topic...lol

thanks for the feedback!